EXCLUSIVE: Director Saffron Cassaday’s debut feature docu Cyber-Seniors has teamed up with the American Association of Retired Persons (AARP) Foundation to help get seniors plugged into the world wide web via a U.S. promo tour to begin May 8. It’s a rare film promo campaign for AARP, which runs the Mentor Up reverse-mentoring program in which younger tech-savvy volunteers help teach people 50 and older the ways of the internet. Cyber-Seniors is set for a limited release via Area 23a and Best Part, Inc. with screenings set to take place at AARP’s Life @ 50 Boston event on May 8 and L.A. and NYC engagements to follow. AARP’s partnering on awareness campaigns for the film as it rolls out to additional cities nationwide. Pic takes a candid and humorous look at the victories and challenges seniors face as they work with teenagers to brave the digital world, including one elderly grandmother who discovers her competitive edge when she launches a Youtube cooking show and another who creates her own rap video. Check out an exclusive clip:
Rapping Grandmas On The Internet: AARP Partners With Docu ‘Cyber-Seniors’ On Digital Mentoring Campaign – Video
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Yamato
- Telluride: Fandor Acquires Sci-Fi Short 'The Sand Storm' Starring Ai Weiwei
- A Year After First Peek, Universal Trailers Delayed 'Seventh Son'
- Jena Malone, Douglas Smith Lead 'Bottom Of The World'; Nick Braun Heads To 'Stanford'; David Coussins Joins 'Good Kids'
- XLrator Media, New Artists Alliance Ink 3-Picture Sci-Fi Pact
- WME Signs 'Goosebumps' Star Dylan Minnette
- Drafthouse Acquires Martin Starr Romance 'Amira & Sam'