Will Packer Productions has sold Me Time, a comedy pitch from Ken Marino & Erica Oyama, to Universal. The plot is being kept under wraps but is described as a female two-hander road comedy a la Planes, Trains And Automobiles. Studio-based Will Packer will produce the project with his head of motion pictures Barbara Dreyfus executive producing. Universal SVP Production Erik Baiers is overseeing. Marino and Oyama are teaming on the features Go The F*** To Sleep at Fox 2000 and Return Of The Jocks at Fox. They are the pair behind the Yahoo/E! parady series Burning Love and are repped by Paradigm & Principato Young. Packer, repped by UTA, has another road-trip-themed pic in the works as part of his first-look deal at Universal: an untitled Girls Trip movie that is set to begin production in the summer. That’s in addition to a sequel to Uni’s box office hit Ride Along with Kevin Hart and Ice Cube returning.
Universal Acquires Will Packer Productions Comedy Pitch From Ken Marino & Erica Oyama
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Team
- UPDATE: Joan Rivers Remains In Serious Condition Following Thursday Cardiac Arrest
- UPDATE: Abrams Artists & 'Ghost Adventures' Producer End Commissions Dispute
- Wil Wheaton Blogs His Syfy Show Is Toast
- Miranda Mayo Joins 'Pretty Little Liars'; Samm Levine In 'Selfie'
- A+E Networks Outbids Time Warner For 10% Vice Media Stake