Will Packer Productions has sold Me Time, a comedy pitch from Ken Marino & Erica Oyama, to Universal. The plot is being kept under wraps but is described as a female two-hander road comedy a la Planes, Trains And Automobiles. Studio-based Will Packer will produce the project with his head of motion pictures Barbara Dreyfus executive producing. Universal SVP Production Erik Baiers is overseeing. Marino and Oyama are teaming on the features Go The F*** To Sleep at Fox 2000 and Return Of The Jocks at Fox. They are the pair behind the Yahoo/E! parady series Burning Love and are repped by Paradigm & Principato Young. Packer, repped by UTA, has another road-trip-themed pic in the works as part of his first-look deal at Universal: an untitled Girls Trip movie that is set to begin production in the summer. That’s in addition to a sequel to Uni’s box office hit Ride Along with Kevin Hart and Ice Cube returning.
Universal Acquires Will Packer Productions Comedy Pitch From Ken Marino & Erica Oyama
What's Hot on Deadline
Latest Film News
- Daisy Ridley & Naomi Watts In Final Talks To Star In ‘Ophelia’; Covert Media Aboard New Take On ‘Hamlet…
- ‘Don’t Think Twice’ Gets Summer Release Date
- SAG Awards 2017 Set For January 29; Will Air Live On TNT & TBS
- Charlie Hunnam Tapping Inner Steve McQueen In ‘Papillon’ Remake?
- Millennium Films Lands ‘Victim 321’ With ‘Zero Hour’ Helmer Diego Velasco; As ‘London Has Fallen…
- ‘Big Bad Wolves’ Helmers Aharon Keshales & Navot Papushado Exit Bruce Willis ‘Death Wish’ Remake