Will Packer Productions has sold Me Time, a comedy pitch from Ken Marino & Erica Oyama, to Universal. The plot is being kept under wraps but is described as a female two-hander road comedy a la Planes, Trains And Automobiles. Studio-based Will Packer will produce the project with his head of motion pictures Barbara Dreyfus executive producing. Universal SVP Production Erik Baiers is overseeing. Marino and Oyama are teaming on the features Go The F*** To Sleep at Fox 2000 and Return Of The Jocks at Fox. They are the pair behind the Yahoo/E! parady series Burning Love and are repped by Paradigm & Principato Young. Packer, repped by UTA, has another road-trip-themed pic in the works as part of his first-look deal at Universal: an untitled Girls Trip movie that is set to begin production in the summer. That’s in addition to a sequel to Uni’s box office hit Ride Along with Kevin Hart and Ice Cube returning.
Universal Acquires Will Packer Productions Comedy Pitch From Ken Marino & Erica Oyama
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Team
- 'Here Comes Honey Boo Boo' Future In Question With Possible Sex Offender Connection
- Gotham Awards Nominees Announced: 'Boyhood' & 'Birdman' Lead Way
- Create Advertising Group Ups Carrie Gormley & Jonathan Gitlin
- Karen Pittman Joins 'The Americans'; Gloria Reuben In 'Mr. Robot'
- 'Below Deck' Renewed For Third Season By Bravo
- 'Shark Tank' Spinoff 'Beyond The Tank' Ordered At ABC