Universal’s Monster High, based on the Mattel toy line about the teenage sons and daughters of the world’s most famous monsters, will hit theaters October 7, 2016. Craig Zadan and Neil Meron (Hairspray, Chicago) are producing under their Storyline Entertainment banner. Fake Empire’s Josh Schwartz and Stephanie Savage wrote and are also producing the live-action feature addition to the Monster High franchise which already includes several Nickelodeon TV specials, YA novels, webisodes, and an animated direct to DVD movie. Also dated for the 2016 summer season is a new Universal R-Rated Comedy project. The previously unannounced feature will debut May 13, 2016 in the early summer comedy slot that’s worked box office magic for the studio, most recently with the Zac Efron-Seth Rogen comedy Neighbors.
Universal Dates Mattel Adaptation ‘Monster High’ & Untitled R-Rated Comedy For 2016
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Yamato
- WME Signs 'Starry Eyes' Directing Duo
- 'NSYNC's JC Chasez Cast In Topher Grace Movie Musical
- Jenny Mollen To Write & Star In Autobiographical Comedy For ABC
- 'Everly' Producers Eye Black List Action-Thriller 'Dig'
- Taye Diggs Joins Topher Grace Musical Comedy 'One Shot'
- Tate Donovan Joins Elle Fanning Transgender Drama 'Three Generations'