Universal’s Monster High, based on the Mattel toy line about the teenage sons and daughters of the world’s most famous monsters, will hit theaters October 7, 2016. Craig Zadan and Neil Meron (Hairspray, Chicago) are producing under their Storyline Entertainment banner. Fake Empire’s Josh Schwartz and Stephanie Savage wrote and are also producing the live-action feature addition to the Monster High franchise which already includes several Nickelodeon TV specials, YA novels, webisodes, and an animated direct to DVD movie. Also dated for the 2016 summer season is a new Universal R-Rated Comedy project. The previously unannounced feature will debut May 13, 2016 in the early summer comedy slot that’s worked box office magic for the studio, most recently with the Zac Efron-Seth Rogen comedy Neighbors.
Universal Dates Mattel Adaptation ‘Monster High’ & Untitled R-Rated Comedy For 2016
Trending Now on Deadline
'Midnight Rider' Trial Date Set For Indicted Filmmakers; 1st Assistant Director Hillary Schwartz Turns Herself In
More From Yamato
- Jai Courtney Joins Dito Montiel's 'Man Down'
- 'Midnight Rider' Trial Date Set For Indicted Filmmakers; 1st Assistant Director Hillary Schwartz Turns Herself In
- Jesse Metcalfe, More Set For Zombie Vidgame Flick 'Dead Rising'
- 'Midnight Rider': 1st Assistant Director Charged With Involuntary Manslaughter
- Toronto: Focus Acquires Kate Winslet Starrer 'A Little Chaos'