Universal’s Monster High, based on the Mattel toy line about the teenage sons and daughters of the world’s most famous monsters, will hit theaters October 7, 2016. Craig Zadan and Neil Meron (Hairspray, Chicago) are producing under their Storyline Entertainment banner. Fake Empire’s Josh Schwartz and Stephanie Savage wrote and are also producing the live-action feature addition to the Monster High franchise which already includes several Nickelodeon TV specials, YA novels, webisodes, and an animated direct to DVD movie. Also dated for the 2016 summer season is a new Universal R-Rated Comedy project. The previously unannounced feature will debut May 13, 2016 in the early summer comedy slot that’s worked box office magic for the studio, most recently with the Zac Efron-Seth Rogen comedy Neighbors.
Universal Dates Mattel Adaptation ‘Monster High’ & Untitled R-Rated Comedy For 2016
What's Hot on Deadline
More From Yamato
- Jena Malone, Riley Keough Hit The Road For 'Lovesong'
- Glenn Beck's Hot Reads: Google, Futurism, And More Fuel For A Media Empire
- Sony Chief “Disappointed” By Obama Rebuke, Hollywood's Cowed Silence
- Fox International Ups Kieran Breen To Marketing President Post
- Sony Hack: BitTorrent Offers To Distribute 'The Interview' On Its Bundle Service