EXCLUSIVE: Twilight franchise star Nikki Reed has been cast in indie drama The Sunday Horse, based on the true story of Debi Connor, an equestrian rider from the wrong side of the tracks who overcomes the odds, and a near-fatal accident, to win the U.S. championship on a horse saved from slaughter. Veteran stunt pro and BAFTA-winning helmer Vic Armstrong (Left Behind, Young Indiana Jones, Joshua Tree) is directing from a script by Fred Kuehnert. The Sunday Horse is produced by Ronnie Clemmer and co-produced by John Duffy. Reed, who played the vampire Rosalie in Summit’s global blockbuster Twilight franchise, made her film debut in Catherine Hardwicke’s Oscar- and Golden Globes-nominated Thirteen, which she co-wrote. Reed recently starred in a trio of Tribeca Film Fest pics: Joss Whedon’s In Your Eyes, Intramural, and Murder Of A Cat. Also on the horizon is indie feature Scout with Ellen Burstyn and Danny Glover. Reed is repped by Paradigm, Thruline Entertainment and attorney Lev Ginsburg. Filming begins next month in Georgia.
‘Twilight’s Nikki Reed Set For Vic Armstrong-Helmed ‘The Sunday Horse’
What's Hot on Deadline
'Uncharted' Reconfigured: 'Spider-Man Homecoming's Tom Holland To Play Young Nathan Drake For Shawn Levy
'Criminal Minds': Kirsten Vangsness & A.J. Cook In Limbo Over Parity Push As Joe Mantegna & Matthew Gray Gubler Re-Up
Universal Brands New Monster Movies As 'Dark Universe'; Bill Condon's 'Bride Of Frankenstein' Up Next In 2019 - Video
Latest Film News
- ‘The Originals’ Danielle Campbell Boards 'You Can Choose Your Family'
- Why ‘Alien: Covenant’ Lost Its Bite At The B.O. With $36.1M Opening, -34% From ‘Prometheus’ — Box…
- ‘The Wizard Of Lies’ Production Designer Laurence Bennett On Crafting A Dickensian Nightmare
- ‘Resident Evil’ Franchise Reboot: James Wan On Board To Produce From Greg Russo Script
- Barry Jenkins On ‘The Underground Railroad’ And The Power Of “No” – Deadline Disruptors
- Big Media CEO Compensation Rose 21% In 2016: Is It More Out Of Whack Than Ever?