EXCLUSIVE: Twilight franchise star Nikki Reed has been cast in indie drama The Sunday Horse, based on the true story of Debi Connor, an equestrian rider from the wrong side of the tracks who overcomes the odds, and a near-fatal accident, to win the U.S. championship on a horse saved from slaughter. Veteran stunt pro and BAFTA-winning helmer Vic Armstrong (Left Behind, Young Indiana Jones, Joshua Tree) is directing from a script by Fred Kuehnert. The Sunday Horse is produced by Ronnie Clemmer and co-produced by John Duffy. Reed, who played the vampire Rosalie in Summit’s global blockbuster Twilight franchise, made her film debut in Catherine Hardwicke’s Oscar- and Golden Globes-nominated Thirteen, which she co-wrote. Reed recently starred in a trio of Tribeca Film Fest pics: Joss Whedon’s In Your Eyes, Intramural, and Murder Of A Cat. Also on the horizon is indie feature Scout with Ellen Burstyn and Danny Glover. Reed is repped by Paradigm, Thruline Entertainment and attorney Lev Ginsburg. Filming begins next month in Georgia.
‘Twilight’s Nikki Reed Set For Vic Armstrong-Helmed ‘The Sunday Horse’
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Yamato
- WME Signs 'Starry Eyes' Directing Duo
- 'NSYNC's JC Chasez Cast In Topher Grace Movie Musical
- Jenny Mollen To Write & Star In Autobiographical Comedy For ABC
- 'Everly' Producers Eye Black List Action-Thriller 'Dig'
- Taye Diggs Joins Topher Grace Musical Comedy 'One Shot'
- Tate Donovan Joins Elle Fanning Transgender Drama 'Three Generations'