EXCLUSIVE: Twilight franchise star Nikki Reed has been cast in indie drama The Sunday Horse, based on the true story of Debi Connor, an equestrian rider from the wrong side of the tracks who overcomes the odds, and a near-fatal accident, to win the U.S. championship on a horse saved from slaughter. Veteran stunt pro and BAFTA-winning helmer Vic Armstrong (Left Behind, Young Indiana Jones, Joshua Tree) is directing from a script by Fred Kuehnert. The Sunday Horse is produced by Ronnie Clemmer and co-produced by John Duffy. Reed, who played the vampire Rosalie in Summit’s global blockbuster Twilight franchise, made her film debut in Catherine Hardwicke’s Oscar- and Golden Globes-nominated Thirteen, which she co-wrote. Reed recently starred in a trio of Tribeca Film Fest pics: Joss Whedon’s In Your Eyes, Intramural, and Murder Of A Cat. Also on the horizon is indie feature Scout with Ellen Burstyn and Danny Glover. Reed is repped by Paradigm, Thruline Entertainment and attorney Lev Ginsburg. Filming begins next month in Georgia.
‘Twilight’s Nikki Reed Set For Vic Armstrong-Helmed ‘The Sunday Horse’
What's Hot on Deadline
Oprah Winfrey Answers Call & Joins Clooneys, Katzenbergs, Spielberg And Capshaw In Donating $500,000 To March For Our Lives: Who's Next?
Latest Film News
- ‘Leviathan’ & ‘McMafia’ Actor Under Fire For Anti-Russian Comments; Colleagues Respond
- Gravitas Ventures Grabs ‘Bieber Generation’ Docu; Freestyle Digital Media Acquires ‘Live Or Die In La Honda…
- The 16-Year Journey To Release For Duncan Jones And ‘Mute’ – Q&A
- ‘Goosebumps 2’: Madison Iseman, Ben O'Brien, Caleel Harris & Jeremy Ray Taylor Set As Leads
- Skydance Media Taps ‘Tangled’s Nathan Greno In Multiyear Deal, Will Direct ‘Powerless’
- Global Road Entertainment Acquires Action Thriller ‘Hotel Artemis,’ Ensemble Led By Jodie Foster