EXCLUSIVE: Twilight franchise star Nikki Reed has been cast in indie drama The Sunday Horse, based on the true story of Debi Connor, an equestrian rider from the wrong side of the tracks who overcomes the odds, and a near-fatal accident, to win the U.S. championship on a horse saved from slaughter. Veteran stunt pro and BAFTA-winning helmer Vic Armstrong (Left Behind, Young Indiana Jones, Joshua Tree) is directing from a script by Fred Kuehnert. The Sunday Horse is produced by Ronnie Clemmer and co-produced by John Duffy. Reed, who played the vampire Rosalie in Summit’s global blockbuster Twilight franchise, made her film debut in Catherine Hardwicke’s Oscar- and Golden Globes-nominated Thirteen, which she co-wrote. Reed recently starred in a trio of Tribeca Film Fest pics: Joss Whedon’s In Your Eyes, Intramural, and Murder Of A Cat. Also on the horizon is indie feature Scout with Ellen Burstyn and Danny Glover. Reed is repped by Paradigm, Thruline Entertainment and attorney Lev Ginsburg. Filming begins next month in Georgia.
‘Twilight’s Nikki Reed Set For Vic Armstrong-Helmed ‘The Sunday Horse’
What's Hot on Deadline
No Obama Bounce For DNC Day 3 Ratings As They Fall Behind RNC, 'Wayward Pines' Finale Down From 2015
Venice Film Festival: Lido To Launch Pics From Ford, Gibson, Malick & More As Awards Season Starts To Buzz - Full List
Bill O'Reilly Defends Comments That Slaves Who Built The White House Were "Well-Fed And Had Decent Lodging" - Update
Latest Film News
- Thiller ‘Here and Gone’ Lands At Random House Studio In First Project With China’s Meridian; James Schamus…
- ‘Masterminds’ Trailer: What Could Be Simpler Than A Multimillion-Dollar Heist?
- Vin Diesel Nearing 100M On Facebook But Females Are Top 2016 Social Media Stars
- DGA Sets 2017 Awards Schedule
- ‘The Accountant’ Trailer #2: Ben Affleck & The World’s Scariest Pocket Protector
- Nick Jonas In Talks To Join ‘Jumanji’ Movie