EXCLUSIVE: Twilight franchise star Nikki Reed has been cast in indie drama The Sunday Horse, based on the true story of Debi Connor, an equestrian rider from the wrong side of the tracks who overcomes the odds, and a near-fatal accident, to win the U.S. championship on a horse saved from slaughter. Veteran stunt pro and BAFTA-winning helmer Vic Armstrong (Left Behind, Young Indiana Jones, Joshua Tree) is directing from a script by Fred Kuehnert. The Sunday Horse is produced by Ronnie Clemmer and co-produced by John Duffy. Reed, who played the vampire Rosalie in Summit’s global blockbuster Twilight franchise, made her film debut in Catherine Hardwicke’s Oscar- and Golden Globes-nominated Thirteen, which she co-wrote. Reed recently starred in a trio of Tribeca Film Fest pics: Joss Whedon’s In Your Eyes, Intramural, and Murder Of A Cat. Also on the horizon is indie feature Scout with Ellen Burstyn and Danny Glover. Reed is repped by Paradigm, Thruline Entertainment and attorney Lev Ginsburg. Filming begins next month in Georgia.
‘Twilight’s Nikki Reed Set For Vic Armstrong-Helmed ‘The Sunday Horse’
What's Hot on Deadline
'The Brothers Grimsby': Trailer Or Titillating Clip "Shown" On 'Jimmy Kimmel Live' – Which Works Better?
Latest Film News
- FilmBuff Acquires ‘Thank You For Playing’ Docu About Creation Of ‘That Dragon, Cancer’ Video Game
- Will Smith & Alan Horn Join Obama & Katzenberg For Private L.A. Dinner – Update
- Emily Blunt Saddles Up For ‘My Little Pony’
- Michael Pena On #OscarsSoWhite – “Is It The Voting Body”? – Berlin
- Paramount Closing Domestic Deal For George Clooney’s ‘Suburbicon’- Berlin
- George Clooney Sit-Down With Angela Merkel Puts Spotlight On Refugee Crisis – Berlin