Time Warner investors as of May 23 will receive one share of Time Inc for every eight that they own in the entertainment giant, the company says in an SEC filing. The new stock will trade under the ticker symbol TIME on the New York Stock Exchange. “As an independent, publicly-traded company, we believe we can more effectively focus on our objectives and satisfy the strategic needs of our business,” Time CEO Joe Ripp says in a statement to his new investors. The company expects to initially have 715,000 stockholders owning 110.3M shares of TIME. It has 23 print magazines in the U.S. including People, Sports Illustrated, Time, and Fortune, as well as more than 45 websites.
Time Inc To Go Public On June 6
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Lieberman
- Now That He's At Carmike, Can Bud Mayo Lead Theaters' Alternative Content Revolution?
- Cable Milestone: Operators Have More Broadband Subs Than TV Ones
- Look Out Gannett: Carl Icahn Buys 6.6% Stake
- Warren Buffett Sends A Mixed Message To John Malone As He Buys Into Charter But Unloads Starz
- Televisa Partners With MiTu To Develop Spanish-Language Digital Content