Rodney Barnes (The Boondocks, Everybody Hates Chris) is partnering with comics creator Alan Robert to develop an animated TV series based on Robert’s hit graphic novel Killogy. The horror/comedy from IDW Publishing tells the story of a group of murderers who inadvertently unleash an ancient voodoo curse upon New York. Barnes and Robert will serve as executive producers, with Barnes penning the screenplay for the pilot. Frank Vincent (Goodfellas, Casino, The Sopranos), Marky Ramone (the Ramones) and Brea Grant (Heroes, Dexter), who all appeared as main characters in the novel will lend their voices to the show. Producers Chris White (My Super Psycho Sweet 16 franchise) and Jeff Mazzola (Descent) are also on board. The Killogy graphic novel was recently licensed out to territories outside of the U.S. and will see a Brazilian release this summer from publisher NFL ZINE.
‘The Boondocks’ Rodney Barnes Developing ‘Killogy’ Animated Series
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Team
- Film Arcade And Paramount Team On Romantic Comedy 'Love, Rosie'
- Pete Hammond's Telluride Q&A With Makers Of 'The Imitation Game' (Video)
- UPDATE: Joan Rivers Remains In Serious Condition Following Thursday Cardiac Arrest
- UPDATE: Abrams Artists & 'Ghost Adventures' Producer End Commissions Dispute
- Wil Wheaton Blogs His Syfy Show Is Toast
- Miranda Mayo Joins 'Pretty Little Liars'; Samm Levine In 'Selfie'