SundanceTV has boarded the Danny Boyle-directed Babylon. The network said today it is co-producing with UK’s Channel 4 six new TV format episodes which will air on Sundance in 2015. FX had been exploring joining the comedy-drama series, which is set inside a modern London police force in desperate need of a spruced-up public image. Boyle (Slumdog Millionaire, 28 Days Later, Trainspotting) executive produces with Robert Jones (The Usual Suspects, Dirty Pretty Things) and Derrin Schlesinger (Southcliffe, Four Lions) producing. Brit Marling (Another Earth, Sound Of My Voice) and James Nesbitt (The Hobbit, Millions) star. Sam Bain and Jesse Armstrong (Peep Show, The Old Guys, Fresh Meat), penned the script. The feature-length pilot aired on Channel 4 in the UK earlier this year with the series set to air on the UK broadcaster this fall.
SundanceTV Boards Danny Boyle’s ‘Babylon’
What's Hot on Deadline
'Tomorrowland' Nosing Out 'Pitch Perfect' For No. 1; 'Mad Max' Holds Strong; 'Ultron' To Cross $400M - Box Office Saturday
Hot Cannes 'Circle' Package Imperiled As Alicia Vikander In Talks To Star In 'Assassin's Creed', New 'Bourne' Film
TLC "Deeply Saddened" As It Pulls All Episodes of '19 Kids And Counting' In Wake Of Child Molestation Allegations - Update
'Jurassic World' Tracking Like 'Man Of Steel' - But How Many $100M+ Openings After That In Summer 2015?
Latest TV News
- Marty Pasetta Dies: Longtime Director Of Academy Awards Telecasts Was 82
- ‘X-Factor’ Producers Hit With $2M Lawsuit By Contestant; Says Performance Was “Altered”
- Showrunner Jennie Snyder Urman On Almost Passing On ‘Jane The Virgin’, Pace, Title Change & How Will It End
- ‘Fuller’ Brush-Off: Olsens Won’t Head Home For ‘Full House’ Sequel
- Melissa McCarthy Staying At CAA
- UP Orders ‘Last Hope With Troy Dunn’ To Series