SundanceTV has boarded the Danny Boyle-directed Babylon. The network said today it is co-producing with UK’s Channel 4 six new TV format episodes which will air on Sundance in 2015. FX had been exploring joining the comedy-drama series, which is set inside a modern London police force in desperate need of a spruced-up public image. Boyle (Slumdog Millionaire, 28 Days Later, Trainspotting) executive produces with Robert Jones (The Usual Suspects, Dirty Pretty Things) and Derrin Schlesinger (Southcliffe, Four Lions) producing. Brit Marling (Another Earth, Sound Of My Voice) and James Nesbitt (The Hobbit, Millions) star. Sam Bain and Jesse Armstrong (Peep Show, The Old Guys, Fresh Meat), penned the script. The feature-length pilot aired on Channel 4 in the UK earlier this year with the series set to air on the UK broadcaster this fall.
SundanceTV Boards Danny Boyle’s ‘Babylon’
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Team
- Global Showbiz Briefs: South Korea Submits 'Sea Fog' For Foreign-Language Oscar Race; Winnie Lau Joins Jet Tone Films
- Peter Dinklage Set For 'The Thicket'; John Magaro Joins 'The Finest Hours'; Celebrity Death Pool Pic Adds 6 To Cast
- John Candy's Son Takes The Lead In 'Bar America': Hot Trailer
- John Travolta, Kate Bosworth & Devon Sawa Wired Up For 'Life On The Line'
- 'Kingsman: The Secret Service': Hot Trailer
- 'The Walking Dead' Season 5: Hot TV Teaser