The Sundance Institute‘s summer event in Los Angeles has a new name, format and location. Next Fest — which is adding music to this year’s lineup — is set for August 8-10 at the Theatre at Ace Hotel, with a kickoff event August 7 at the Hollywood Forever Cemetery. Next Fest is an extension of the Next section at the Sundance Film Festival, which showcases stylistically adventurous and bold films. Programming announcements will be made in the summer for the fest, which last year was called Next Weekend. “At its core, Next Fest is about celebrating artists who push creative boundaries,” Sundance Film Festival Director John Cooper said. “This unique program presents an opportunity for audiences in Los Angeles to explore the outer edges and intersections of film and music.”
Sundance Institute’s Revamped Next Fest Set For LA In August
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Team
- Hot Trailer: 'Innocence'
- ABC Reveals New Logo For 'The View', Teases In-The-Round Set
- Hot Trailer: Jazz Docu 'Keep On Keepin' On'
- Sundance Institute Taps 10 For Docu Music And Sound Design Lab
- Brian Huskey Set For ABC's 'Selfie'; Rebecca Forsythe Joins 'Members Only'
- Relativity's 'Beyond The Lights' To Open 18th Urbanworld Fest