The Sundance Institute‘s summer event in Los Angeles has a new name, format and location. Next Fest — which is adding music to this year’s lineup — is set for August 8-10 at the Theatre at Ace Hotel, with a kickoff event August 7 at the Hollywood Forever Cemetery. Next Fest is an extension of the Next section at the Sundance Film Festival, which showcases stylistically adventurous and bold films. Programming announcements will be made in the summer for the fest, which last year was called Next Weekend. “At its core, Next Fest is about celebrating artists who push creative boundaries,” Sundance Film Festival Director John Cooper said. “This unique program presents an opportunity for audiences in Los Angeles to explore the outer edges and intersections of film and music.”
Sundance Institute’s Revamped Next Fest Set For LA In August
What's Hot on Deadline
'Madea' To Push Well Past $27M As 'Jack Reacher' Takes $22M to $23M; 'Joneses' Can't Keep Up - Sun. AM Update
Bernie Sanders: Obama Administration "Should Kill" The AT&T-Time Warner Deal: "Higher Prices & Fewer Choices"
'Saturday Night Live' Hits Season High Ratings With Tom Hanks, Lady Gaga & More Donald Trump & Hillary Clinton
Latest Film News
- ‘Ouija: Origin Of Evil’: The Newton Brothers Talk Their Horror Film Score
- ‘Jack Reacher’ Gets Going With $31M; ‘Girl’, ‘Inferno’, ‘Peregrine’ At Milestones – Intl…
- 'Moonlight' & ‘Michael Moore In TrumpLand' Top 2016 Theater Averages – Specialty B.O.
- ‘Madea’ To Push Well Past $27M As ‘Jack Reacher’ Takes $22M to $23M; ‘Joneses’ Can’t Keep Up – Sun…
- Matthew McConaughey To Be Honored At Napa Valley Film Festival
- Dan Porter, WME’s Head Of Digital, To Exit Agency