EXCLUSIVE: Hipster horror comedy Summer Of Blood, from writer-director Onur Tukel (Richard’s Wedding, Septien), has been acquired by MPI Media Group after debuting at last month’s Tribeca Film Festival. Tukel also stars in the indie as Erik Sparrow, a selfish, schlubby NYC hipster whose miserable life turns around when he meets a vampire in Brooklyn and becomes a blood-sucker himself. MPI’s Dark Sky Films will debut the pic, described as “Curb Your Enthusiasm meets True Blood,” in a Fall 2014 theatrical run and DVD/VOD release. Summer Of Blood opened Tribeca’s Viewpoints Section and also stars Anna Margaret Hollyman, Dakota Goldhor, Dustin Guy, Melodie Sisk, and Jason Selvig. Clifford McCurdy, Melodie Sisk, Max Heller and Matt Grady produced the film which Brooklynite Tukel shot in nine days in Bushwick. MPI’s Greg Newman negotiated the deal with XYZ Films’ Nate Bolotin on behalf of the filmmakers.
MPI Snags Brooklyn Hipster Vampire Comedy ‘Summer Of Blood’
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Yamato
- Telluride: Fandor Acquires Sci-Fi Short 'The Sand Storm' Starring Ai Weiwei
- A Year After First Peek, Universal Trailers Delayed 'Seventh Son'
- Jena Malone, Douglas Smith Lead 'Bottom Of The World'; Nick Braun Heads To 'Stanford'; David Coussins Joins 'Good Kids'
- XLrator Media, New Artists Alliance Ink 3-Picture Sci-Fi Pact
- WME Signs 'Goosebumps' Star Dylan Minnette