J.J. Abrams has a message from the desert set of Star Wars: Episode VII. He’s offering fans a chance to appear in a cameo in the movie via a $10 contribution to Star Wars: Force For Change. The new initiative from Disney and Lucasfilm, in collaboration with Bad Robot, is dedicated to finding creative solutions to some of the world’s biggest problems. The first Star Wars: Force for Change campaign will benefit UNICEF’s Innovation Labs and its programs aimed at helping the world’s most vulnerable children. Disney has committed $1 million to the project. Fans can contribute directly at Omaze.com/StarWars for a chance to appear in the film. For each $10 contribution, eligible participants will be automatically entered for a chance to win the cameo. The campaign runs through July 18. It looks like this is how Star Wars will be marketing itself in the social media era after tweeting out first cast photos and Abrams’ video on Star Wars Day on May 4. Pic is slated to be released December 18, 2015. Check out Abrams’ pitch:
J.J. Abrams Unveils Charity Drive On ‘Star Wars’ Set: Video
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Team
- Charles Manson Novel 'The Family' To Become Movie With 'American Psycho' Screenwriter Penning It
- Alibaba's Big Day Shifts Focus To Yahoo
- Daniel Sauli Joins HBO Miniseries 'Show Me A Hero'; Daren Kagasoff in Fox's 'Red Band Society'
- Sam Elliott & Garret Dillahunt Join FX's 'Justified'
- Universal Nabs Rights To 'Let It Snow' Short Stories Featuring Hot Author John Green
- Angelina Jolie To Direct Elephant Poaching Tale 'Africa' For Skydance