EXCLUSIVE: Spike TV is looking to expand its slate of tattoo-themed programming. Building on the success of its Ink Master and Tattoo Nightmares series and ahead of Ink Master’s fourth season finale tonight, Spike TV has greenlit a half-hour pilot special Ink Shrinks to premiere this fall with an eye toward a series. Ink Shrinks features a forward-thinking team of artists, psychologists and other professionals who prescribe “blind” tattoos as a means of healing. After discussing their clients’ issues, the team will design a unique tattoo to help jump start the mending process. The clients put their faith in the ‘ink shrinks’ as they won’t know what their tattoo looks like until the session is complete and the artwork is irreversible. The pilot special is produced for Spike TV by Eastern (Love & Hip Hop). Spike TV’s Ink Master is wrapping its fourth and most watched season to date — averaging 1.9 million viewers — tonight at 10 PM.
Spike TV Sets Tattoo-Themed ‘Ink Shrinks’ Special That Could Spawn New Series
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Andreeva
- Christian Slater To Star In USA Pilot 'Mr. Robot'
- IFC Ups Christine Lubrano To SVP Original Programming, Hires Development Execs
- Resolution Agent Ian Greenstein Joins Gersh
- Pop Picks Up Eugene Levy Comedy 'Schitt's Creek' As First Original Scripted Series
- CNN Among Several Turner Networks Dropped By Dish In Carriage Dispute
- Resolution Agent Jennifer Good Goes To Paradigm