EXCLUSIVE: Spike TV is looking to expand its slate of tattoo-themed programming. Building on the success of its Ink Master and Tattoo Nightmares series and ahead of Ink Master’s fourth season finale tonight, Spike TV has greenlit a half-hour pilot special Ink Shrinks to premiere this fall with an eye toward a series. Ink Shrinks features a forward-thinking team of artists, psychologists and other professionals who prescribe “blind” tattoos as a means of healing. After discussing their clients’ issues, the team will design a unique tattoo to help jump start the mending process. The clients put their faith in the ‘ink shrinks’ as they won’t know what their tattoo looks like until the session is complete and the artwork is irreversible. The pilot special is produced for Spike TV by Eastern (Love & Hip Hop). Spike TV’s Ink Master is wrapping its fourth and most watched season to date — averaging 1.9 million viewers — tonight at 10 PM.
Spike TV Sets Tattoo-Themed ‘Ink Shrinks’ Special That Could Spawn New Series
What's Hot on Deadline
Hollywood Cowardice: George Clooney Explains Why Sony Stood Alone In North Korean Cyberterror Attack
More From Andreeva
- Veronica Osorio Inks Talent Deal With Fox
- David Schwimmer To Play Robert Kardashian In FX's 'American Crime Story: People Vs. O.J.'
- Sarah Jessica Parker Poised To Star In HBO Divorce Comedy Pilot
- Ernie Hudson To Play Poseidon On 'Once Upon a Time'
- Christina Aguilera-Produced Dramedy, Twitter-Based Comedy, Shakespeare-Themed Drama On Prospect Park's Slate