EXCLUSIVE: Spike TV is heading to Miami for a spinoff of its successful LA-set Tattoo Nightmares series. The network has ordered 10 half-hour episodes of Tattoo Nightmares Miami from SallyAnn Salsano. It’s slated to go into production this spring for premiere in the fall in conjunction with the fifth season of the network’s other tattoo franchise, Ink Master. Tattoo Nightmares Miami will feature three new tattoo artists — Clint Cummings, a former contestant on Ink Master Season 2; local artist Samuel Suarez, better known to his clients as High Noon; and Reese Hilburn, a female fine artist and tattooist from Southern California — who will tackle cover-ups as well as create and execute extreme original tattoos. That could include tattooing someone’s head, eyelid, or a major surgery scar. Tattoo Nightmares’ current season is averaging 1.1 million viewers, improving the time period by 147% in adults 18-49 and 82% in viewers. Tattoo Nightmares and Tattoo Nightmares Miami are produced by 495 Prods, with founder and president Salsano serving as executive producer along with Joel Zimmer.
Spike TV Expanding ‘Tattoo Nightmares’ Franchise To Miami
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Andreeva
- ABC Buys Medical Thriller From Janine Sherman Barrois & Aaron Kaplan
- Bob Cooper, EOne Prep Post-Apocalyptic Event Series With Book Acquisition
- Fox Buys Detective Drama Based On Australian Miniseries 'Jack Irish'
- 'The Greatest American Hero' Gets Fox Remake With Phil Lord & Chris Miller
- Jennifer Johnson Exiting 'The Following' As Showrunner, Trio Takes Over
- Enver Gjokaj & Chad Michael Murray Cast In ABC Series 'Marvel's Agent Carter'