E! has passed on its music-themed drama pilot Songbyrd, created/exec produced by Krista Vernoff and exec produced by Craig Zadan and Neil Meron. Songbyrd was one of E!’s first two scripted pilots, along with drama The Royals. When The Royals was picked up to series in early March, Songbyrd was left in contention and last was featured in E!’s upfront slate at the end of March. Songbyrd, which originally was developed for NBC, centers on songwriter Lauren Byrd (Bethany Joy Lenz), a character loosely inspired by hitmaker Diane Warren. Lauren, writer of hit love songs, employs a small staff, including her sister Mickey (Rumer Willis), to enable and manage her eccentric yet wildly successful process.
Pilot ‘Songbyrd’ Not Going Forward At E!
What's Hot on Deadline
'A Quiet Place' Still Noisy With $21M+; 'I Feel Pretty' $18M; 'Super Troopers 2' Arrests $16M - Saturday Update
'Smallville' Actress Allison Mack Arrested In Sex Trafficking Scheme, Faces 15 Years To Life If Convicted
'Jane the Virgin' Finale': Series Creator On That Shocking Twist, 'Dallas'-Inspired Cliffhanger, Season 5 & Show's Endgame
Latest TV News
- James Cameron Speaks Out On New AMC Sci Fi Series, Oscar Snubs, A Return To ‘Terminator’, And The Effect Of Fox/Disney Merger On…
- The Week In Deadline Video & Podcasts: Maggie Gyllenhaal, Darren Criss, Frankie Shaw
- ‘Meghan Markle’ Dips While ‘Jane The Virgin’ Steady In Friday Ratings
- Robert Durst Admits He May Have Said Too Much In HBO Series ‘The Jinx’
- Bill Maher Asks Michael Avenatti If He Will Run For Office
- ‘Grey’s Anatomy’ Renewed For Season 15 By ABC