Simon Cowell‘s Syco Entertainment and Australian special effects house Animal Logic Entertainment (The Lego Movie, Happy Feet) are partnering to develop music-based animated and hybrid animation/live action pics. Their first project is slated for release in 2016. “It is a dream come true to have this opportunity of working with Animal Logic. I think their work is pure genius and I really feel excited about the films we are going to be making together,” said Cowell. Animal Logic’s, Zareh Nalbandian is heading up the partnership, along with Jason Lust and Syco Entertainment’s, Adam Milano. “We are thrilled to bring together the amazing talent, global reach and expertise in popular music of Syco Entertainment alongside Animal Logic’s rich history of innovative, cutting edge animation and universal storytelling. I am confident our truly complementary collaboration with Syco will be a very powerful force in family entertainment”, said Nalbandian. Syco, together with Sony Pictures, produced the 2013 boy band documentary One Direction: This Is Us. Morgan Spurlock directed the pic about the teen idols who were discovered on Cowell‘s UK X Factor in 2010. Cowell is back as a judge on UK X Factor. The U.S. version of the singing competition was canceled in February after three seasons.
Simon Cowell’s Syco & Animal Logic To Develop Music-Based Animated Films
What's Hot on Deadline
Latest Film News
- ‘Boo 2! A Madea Halloween’ Reaps $22M During October Dumping Ground At The B.O.
- Harvey Weinstein Has “Different Recollection” Of Events In Lupita Nyong’o Op-Ed
- APA Agent Tyler Grasham Fired From Agency Following Sexual Assault Allegations
- Female Animators Pen Open Letter Demanding End To Sexual Harassment
- ‘Thor: Ragnarok’ Review: Third Time Is The Comic (Book) Charm For Marvel Franchise
- Oscars: Deadline’s Pete Hammond & Gold Derby’s Tom O’Neil On Ever-Changing Awards Landscape With Harvey Out And…