Showtime has put in development Control Alt Delete, a half-hour comedy series from Fox 21, Chernin Entertainment and Jason Winer’s 20th Century Fox TV-based Small Dog Picture Co. Written by Simeon Goulden, creator of the UK comedy series Spy, and to be directed by Winer, Control Alt Delete revolves around four smartass, workaholic associates in a “white shoe” law firm who are feverishly trying to move up the corporate ladder while avoiding becoming the next victim of the office serial killer. Goulden will executive produce alongside Chernin’s Peter Chernin and Katherine Pope and Small Dog Pictures’ Winer and Renate Radford. Goulden, repped by UTA and Curtis Brown Group, adapted his 2011 Sky comedy series Spy for ABC, where it went to pilot during the 2012-13 season with Rob Corddry starring. Winer, repped by ICM Partners and Mosaic, most recently directed and executive produced the CBS/20th TV comedy series The Crazy Ones.
Showtime Buys Law Firm Comedy From ‘Spy’ Creator, Jason Winer & Peter Chernin
What's Hot on Deadline
'Uncharted' Reconfigured: 'Spider-Man Homecoming's Tom Holland To Play Young Nathan Drake For Shawn Levy
'Alien: Covenant' Adds $30M In 2nd Frame; 'Dangal' Pins $100M+ In China; 'Guardians 2' At $733M WW - International Box Office
Are Comedies In Peril On The Big Screen & Headed To Streaming? Ben Stiller, Adam Sandler & 'Meyerowitz' Cast Sound Off - Cannes
Latest TV News
- John Oliver: Donald Trump’s Last Seven Days “Absolutely Insane”
- ‘Twin Peaks’ Review: WTF Was That?
- NBC Sets Premiere Date for Megyn Kelly’s New Sunday Magazine Show
- ‘Twin Peaks’ Fans in Italy Get Episodes Early Due to Sky Italia Gaffe
- Hugh Grant To Star In Stephen Frears’ ‘A Very English Scandal’ For BBC One
- Sasheer Zamata Exiting ‘Saturday Night Live’: Third Cast Member In Week