After lengthy negotiations, ABC Studios/Disney has closed a new mega deal with ABC’s most important drama producer, Shonda Rhimes. The four-year extension, valued at eight figures, will keep Rhimes at ABC Studios through May 2018. Rhimes has created three series for ABC and its sister studio, all of which have gone the distance: Grey’s Anatomy, which is going into its 11th season, sizzling DC drama Scandal, which is heading into Season 4, and Grey’s Anatomy spinoff Private Practice, which ran for six seasons. Additionally, though her ABC Studios-based company ShondaLand with producing partner Betsy Beers, Rhimes has produced a number of projects for the studio. The latest, drama How To Get Away With Murder starring Viola Davis, was ABC’s hottest pilot this season, easily landing a series order and a spot on ABC’s fall schedule. Rhimes is with ICM Partners and Michael Gandler.
Shonda Rhimes Inks New Four-Year Deal With ABC Studios
What's Hot on Deadline
Bill O'Reilly To Matt Lauer On His Firing From Fox News & Sexual Harassment Claims: "This Was A Hit Job"
Tucker Carlson Blasts Emmys; Calls It A "Remarkable Triumph Of Identity Politics Over Art & Entertainment"
Latest TV News
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Unveils Season 8 Key Art & It’s “All Out War”
- ‘Saturday Night Live’ To Continue Airing Live Coast To Coast
- ‘The Deuce’ Renewed For Season 2 At HBO
- Aidan Gillen To Play Dave Allen For BBC; HBO Nordic Orders ‘Gosta’; Anna Friel Flits To ITV’s ‘Butterfly’…
- Herb Scannell Tapped To Be CEO Of Mitú, Latino-Focused Video Producer
- Amazon Studios Inks Overall Deal With ‘Stranger Things’ Writer Justin Doble