With the body count on The Walking Dead consistently high, the AMC zombie drama is always in need of reinforcements. Enter The Wire alum Seth Gilliam, who has joined Walking Dead as a new series regular for Season 5. He will play a character listed on the breakdown as Michael Todd, though his real name is being kept under wraps. (Maybe fans could recognize a character from the graphic novel in the description – Father Gabriel?) Michael is described as having two sides, displaying a friendly, puckish humor but also having a haunted side stemming from a dark secret. Gilliam, repped by Gersh and Bob McGowan of McGowan Management, first got on AMC’s radar with a recurring role on the 2012 untitled Lagravenese/Goldwyn pilot, which was subsequently picked up to series by sister channel WEtv. He has been recurring on another series, MTV’s Teen Wolf, which he is expected to continue to do while co-starring on Walking Dead.
Seth Gilliam Joins ‘The Walking Dead’ As New Regular
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Andreeva
- 'CSI' Order Trimmed: Is This The End?
- Kelly McCreary Upped To Regular On 'Grey's Anatomy'
- Kyle Killen Inks First-Look Deal With Paramount TV
- Netflix Series From 'Damages' Creators Unveils Title, First Teaser: Video
- Colin Callender's Playground Names Louise Pedersen UK Managing Director
- 'Frankenstein' Drama From Rand Ravich & Howard Gordon Set At Fox As Put Pilot