With the body count on The Walking Dead consistently high, the AMC zombie drama is always in need of reinforcements. Enter The Wire alum Seth Gilliam, who has joined Walking Dead as a new series regular for Season 5. He will play a character listed on the breakdown as Michael Todd, though his real name is being kept under wraps. (Maybe fans could recognize a character from the graphic novel in the description – Father Gabriel?) Michael is described as having two sides, displaying a friendly, puckish humor but also having a haunted side stemming from a dark secret. Gilliam, repped by Gersh and Bob McGowan of McGowan Management, first got on AMC’s radar with a recurring role on the 2012 untitled Lagravenese/Goldwyn pilot, which was subsequently picked up to series by sister channel WEtv. He has been recurring on another series, MTV’s Teen Wolf, which he is expected to continue to do while co-starring on Walking Dead.
Seth Gilliam Joins ‘The Walking Dead’ As New Regular
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Andreeva
- Raycom Media TV Stations Blacked Out By DirecTV In Carriage Dispute
- ABC Buys Medical Thriller From Janine Sherman Barrois & Aaron Kaplan
- Bob Cooper, EOne Prep Post-Apocalyptic Event Series With Book Acquisition
- Fox Buys Detective Drama Based On Australian Miniseries 'Jack Irish'
- 'The Greatest American Hero' Gets Fox Remake With Phil Lord & Chris Miller
- Jennifer Johnson Exiting 'The Following' As Showrunner, Trio Takes Over