The Second City has partnered with management and production company Thruline Entertainment/Tagline Pictures to develop original content in collaboration with production arm Tagline. “In addition to creating new projects with Tagline, this partnership allows us to offer developing talent our experience, as well as Thruline’s management expertise and resources,” said Andrew Alexander, The Second City’s CEO/Executive Producer. Second City previously had first-look pacts with NBC Universal TV Studios and CBS Paramount Network TV. The Second City has stages in Chicago, Toronto and Los Angeles as well as multiple touring companies, and its alumni include Tina Fey, Steve Carell, Stephen Colbert, Adam McKay, John Belushi, Bill Murray and Keegan-Michael Key. In TV, Second City was behind Emmy-winning comedy series SCTV.
Second City Inks Deal With Thruline/Tagline
Trending Now on Deadline
'Black-ish', 'Grey's Anatomy', 'Castle', 'The Goldbergs', 'Modern Family', 'Once Upon A Time' & Others Get Extra Episodes At ABC
More From Andreeva
- Tracy Katsky Lines Up Six Comedy Sales, Extends Deal With Kapital Entertainment
- TBS Orders 'Wrecked' Deserted Island Comedy Pilot That Echoes 'Lost'
- Peter Jacobson, Alex Neustaedter & Gonzalo Menendez Join USA Pilot 'Colony'
- 'Black-ish', 'Grey's Anatomy', 'Castle', 'The Goldbergs', 'Modern Family', 'Once Upon A Time' & Others Get Extra Episodes At ABC
- Mark Gordon Co. To Adapt Novel 'Plus One', Revisit 'True Blue' For ABC
- Elizabeth Banks To Produce & Direct ABC Comedy From Caroline Williams