The Second City has partnered with management and production company Thruline Entertainment/Tagline Pictures to develop original content in collaboration with production arm Tagline. “In addition to creating new projects with Tagline, this partnership allows us to offer developing talent our experience, as well as Thruline’s management expertise and resources,” said Andrew Alexander, The Second City’s CEO/Executive Producer. Second City previously had first-look pacts with NBC Universal TV Studios and CBS Paramount Network TV. The Second City has stages in Chicago, Toronto and Los Angeles as well as multiple touring companies, and its alumni include Tina Fey, Steve Carell, Stephen Colbert, Adam McKay, John Belushi, Bill Murray and Keegan-Michael Key. In TV, Second City was behind Emmy-winning comedy series SCTV.
Second City Inks Deal With Thruline/Tagline
What's Hot on Deadline
Shania Twain Clarifies Comments On Supporting Trump, Says She's "Passionately Against Discrimination"
'A Quiet Place' Still Noisy With $21.7M As 'Rampage' Beats Chest, 'Super Trooper 2' Surprises - Sunday AM Update
'Smallville' Actress Allison Mack Arrested In Sex Trafficking Scheme, Faces 15 Years To Life If Convicted
Hallmark Channel Upfront Presentation Canceled Due To Storm; Net Makes Announcements, Including ‘When Calls the Heart’ Renewal, At Central Park Event
'Rampage' Rounds $216M Overseas; 'A Quiet Place' Cranks WW Volume To $207M - International Box Office
Latest TV News
- John Oliver Compares Donald Trump Administration To ‘Sharknado’
- ‘Westworld’ Season 2 Premiere Recap: Time’s Up In The Park
- ‘Sharp Objects’ Trailer Gives A Chilling First Look At Amy Adams In HBO Adaptation Of Gillian Flynn Novel
- ‘Westworld’ Season 2 Review: The Robot Revolution Will Be Televised, Beautifully
- ‘Fixer Upper’ Spin-off ‘Woodworker’ To Bow On DIY Network
- Benedict Cumberbatch Calls Martin Freeman’s ‘Sherlock’ Criticisms “Pathetic”