The Second City has partnered with management and production company Thruline Entertainment/Tagline Pictures to develop original content in collaboration with production arm Tagline. “In addition to creating new projects with Tagline, this partnership allows us to offer developing talent our experience, as well as Thruline’s management expertise and resources,” said Andrew Alexander, The Second City’s CEO/Executive Producer. Second City previously had first-look pacts with NBC Universal TV Studios and CBS Paramount Network TV. The Second City has stages in Chicago, Toronto and Los Angeles as well as multiple touring companies, and its alumni include Tina Fey, Steve Carell, Stephen Colbert, Adam McKay, John Belushi, Bill Murray and Keegan-Michael Key. In TV, Second City was behind Emmy-winning comedy series SCTV.
Second City Inks Deal With Thruline/Tagline
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Andreeva
- Raycom Media TV Stations Blacked Out By DirecTV In Carriage Dispute
- ABC Buys Medical Thriller From Janine Sherman Barrois & Aaron Kaplan
- Bob Cooper, EOne Prep Post-Apocalyptic Event Series With Book Acquisition
- Fox Buys Detective Drama Based On Australian Miniseries 'Jack Irish'
- 'The Greatest American Hero' Gets Fox Remake With Phil Lord & Chris Miller
- Jennifer Johnson Exiting 'The Following' As Showrunner, Trio Takes Over