The Second City has partnered with management and production company Thruline Entertainment/Tagline Pictures to develop original content in collaboration with production arm Tagline. “In addition to creating new projects with Tagline, this partnership allows us to offer developing talent our experience, as well as Thruline’s management expertise and resources,” said Andrew Alexander, The Second City’s CEO/Executive Producer. Second City previously had first-look pacts with NBC Universal TV Studios and CBS Paramount Network TV. The Second City has stages in Chicago, Toronto and Los Angeles as well as multiple touring companies, and its alumni include Tina Fey, Steve Carell, Stephen Colbert, Adam McKay, John Belushi, Bill Murray and Keegan-Michael Key. In TV, Second City was behind Emmy-winning comedy series SCTV.
Second City Inks Deal With Thruline/Tagline
What's Hot on Deadline
'Alice' Sees $62.7M In Offshore Looking Glass; 'Warcraft' Scores $31.7M; 'X-Men' Cumes $183.4M - Int'l Box Office Final
Moviegoers Turn Out For The 'Apocalypse' Over Memorial Day & Chop Off 'Alice's Head - Monday AM Update
Latest TV News
- WGA West Pencils In $4 Million Surplus For Fiscal 2016
- ‘Roots’ Opens With Cable’s Biggest Overall Miniseries Audience In 3 Years
- ‘Legion’: FX Picks Up Marvel’s X-Men Pilot Starring Dan Stevens To Series
- ‘Team Ninja Warrior’ Renewed By Esquire; BBC America Sets ‘Dirk Gently’ Premiere Date, Projects With Amy Poehler, More…
- ‘Biggest Loser’ Being Investigated By L.A. Sheriff For On-Set Drug Use
- Euro 2016: Will French Strikes & Fuel Shortages Be A Boon For Broadcasters?