The Second City has partnered with management and production company Thruline Entertainment/Tagline Pictures to develop original content in collaboration with production arm Tagline. “In addition to creating new projects with Tagline, this partnership allows us to offer developing talent our experience, as well as Thruline’s management expertise and resources,” said Andrew Alexander, The Second City’s CEO/Executive Producer. Second City previously had first-look pacts with NBC Universal TV Studios and CBS Paramount Network TV. The Second City has stages in Chicago, Toronto and Los Angeles as well as multiple touring companies, and its alumni include Tina Fey, Steve Carell, Stephen Colbert, Adam McKay, John Belushi, Bill Murray and Keegan-Michael Key. In TV, Second City was behind Emmy-winning comedy series SCTV.
Second City Inks Deal With Thruline/Tagline
What's Hot on Deadline
'Tomorrowland,' 'Pitch Perfect' Compete As 'Mad Max' Holds Strong; 'Ultron' To Cross $400M - Box Office Friday
TLC "Deeply Saddened" As It Pulls All Episodes of '19 Kids And Counting' In Wake Of Child Molestation Allegations - Update
'Jurassic World' Tracking Like 'Man Of Steel' - But How Many $100M+ Openings After That In Summer 2015?
Latest TV News
- Marty Pasetta Dies: Longtime Director Of Academy Awards Telecasts Was 82
- ‘X-Factor’ Producers Hit With $2M Lawsuit By Contestant; Says Performance Was “Altered”
- Showrunner Jennie Snyder Urman On Almost Passing On ‘Jane The Virgin’, Pace, Title Change & How Will It End
- ‘Fuller’ Brush-Off: Olsens Won’t Head Home For ‘Full House’ Sequel
- Melissa McCarthy Staying At CAA
- UP Orders ‘Last Hope With Troy Dunn’ To Series