After distributing 2006’s Trailer Park Boys: The Movie and its 2009 sequel Trailer Park Boys: Countdown to Liquor Day, Screen Media’s making it a threepeat with its acquisition of Trailer Park Boys: Don’t Legalize It. The films are based on the popular Canadian mockumentary series Trailer Park Boys, now prepping its ninth season tracking the shenanigans of the denizens of a Nova Scotia trailer park. The third installment of the film series follows Ricky (Robb Wells), Julian (John Paul Tremblay) and Bubbles (Mike Smith) as they attempt a series of get-rich-quick schemes after being released from jail. Series creator Mike Clattenburg directed and co-wrote the pic with Mike O’Neill and produced alongside Barrie Dunn and Michael Volpe. The Trailer Park Productions and Topsail Productions pic also stars John Dunsworth, Patrick Roach, Bernard Robichaud and Jonathan Torrens. In March Netflix picked up the original series run as well as an eighth and ninth season. Screen Media is plotting a September 5, 2014 theatrical release with day and date VOD debut. “It’s time for our U.S. fans to gear down on the liquor and ramp up on the dope,” said Clattenburg. Screen Media’s Suzanne Blech and Seth Needle negotiated the deal.
Screen Media Springs For Threequel ‘Trailer Park Boys: Don’t Legalize It’
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Yamato
- Pauly Shore Documentary Acquired By Showtime
- Anthony Hopkins Boards Pacific Northwest Thriller 'Go With Me'
- Tom Sizemore Launches Crowdfunding Campaign For Detroit-Set Thriller He'll Star In & Produce
- Toronto: 'Ruth & Alex' Goes To Focus World
- Kate Mara Offered Role In Ridley Scott's 'The Martian'
- Imperative Entertainment, Bastei Lubbe AG Form Joint Media Venture