Back in November, the studio said its latest take on the Friday The 13th franchise would be unsheathed on March 13, 2015. Check that. Paramount announced today that it has pushed the horror pic back to November 13 — the next Friday the 13th on the 2015 calendar — and instead will begin its Scouts Vs. Zombies jamboree on March 13. Director Christopher Landon’s horror mashup will face off against Disney’s live-action Cinderella and Warner Bros high-seas drama Heart Of The Sea. The date change leaves Friday the 13th‘s Jason to battle the Untitled New Line Comedy, the only other pic currently slated for that weekend. Apologies to any triskaidekaphobics who were disturbed by the repeated use of the number 13 in this post. Send your complaints to Paramount.
Paramount Pushes ‘Friday The 13th’ Back 8 Months, Gives Slot To ‘Scouts Vs. Zombies’
What's Hot on Deadline
DC Digital Service To Launch With 'Titans' Series From Greg Berlanti & Akiva Goldsman And 'Young Justice: Outsiders'
Latest Film News
- ‘Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Men Tell No Tales’ To World Premiere In Shanghai
- Deadline Studio at Tribeca 2017 – Day 5 – Milo Ventimiglia, Cobie Smulders, Justin Long, Martin Landau & More
- Jeff Goldblum Books Trip To ‘Jurassic World’ Sequel
- WGA Contract Talks Over For The Day, Will Resume Wednesday – Update
- Universal’s ‘Half To Death’ & ‘The Snowman’ Swap Slots; ‘Insidious: Chapter 4’ Moves Off 2017 Schedule…
- Netflix Picks Up Alfre Woodard-Starring Drama ‘Juanita’