Even a superhero couldn’t shake off Saturday Night Live‘s ratings doldrums from the past couple of months, following the departure of Seth Meyers. With Amazing Spider-Man 2 star Andrew Garfield as host, Coldplay as musical guest and Garfield’s co-star/girlfriend Emma Stone as a featured surprise guest, last night’s show averaged a 3.9 in the metered markets households and a 2.0 among adults 18-49 in the 25 markets with Local People Meters. That was even in households and down a tenth in 18-49 from SNL‘s last original on April 12 hosted by Seth Rogen and matched SNL‘s season lows in both categories. There are two more episodes left in the season, hosted by Charlize Theron and SNL alum Andy Samberg, after which the veteran sketch program will likely undergo some tuning up for next season.
‘Saturday Night Live’ Ties Season Lows With Host Andrew Garfield
What's Hot on Deadline
Sony Pictures Confirms Quentin Tarantino Deal; Margot Robbie, Tom Cruise, Brad Pitt, Leonardo DiCaprio Circling
Actress Accuses 'Girls' EP Murray Miller Of Sexual Assault; Showrunners Lena Dunham & Jenni Konner Defend Him - Update
Ryan Eggold, Who Played Fan Favorite Tom Keen In 'The Blacklist,' Joins Spike Lee's 'Black Klansman'
Latest TV News
- Bill Maher: Don’t Lump Al Franken With Weinstein, Spacey & Donald Trump
- Wendy Pepper Dies: Contestant On First Season Of ‘Project Runway’ Was 53
- Vice Forms All-Female Advisory In Wake Of Exec’s Conduct Suspension
- ‘True Detective’: Carmen Ejogo To Star In Season 3 Of HBO Anthology Series
- AT&T-Time Warner Merger Antitrust Review Casting Pall Over Fox Talks
- Eva Longoria Teams With David Schulner & Nisha Ganatra For ‘Lucky Boy’ Immigrant Drama Series Based On Book