Even a superhero couldn’t shake off Saturday Night Live‘s ratings doldrums from the past couple of months, following the departure of Seth Meyers. With Amazing Spider-Man 2 star Andrew Garfield as host, Coldplay as musical guest and Garfield’s co-star/girlfriend Emma Stone as a featured surprise guest, last night’s show averaged a 3.9 in the metered markets households and a 2.0 among adults 18-49 in the 25 markets with Local People Meters. That was even in households and down a tenth in 18-49 from SNL‘s last original on April 12 hosted by Seth Rogen and matched SNL‘s season lows in both categories. There are two more episodes left in the season, hosted by Charlize Theron and SNL alum Andy Samberg, after which the veteran sketch program will likely undergo some tuning up for next season.
‘Saturday Night Live’ Ties Season Lows With Host Andrew Garfield
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Andreeva
- 'The Flash' & 'Jane The Virgin' Get Full-Season Orders At CW
- 'The Millers' Ratings Slip On New Night, 'Jane' & 'Scorpion' Hold Well
- 'The Bridge' Cancelled By FX After 2 Seasons
- 'Faking It' Gets Order For 10 More Episodes From MTV
- Christian Slater To Star In USA Pilot 'Mr. Robot'