Even a superhero couldn’t shake off Saturday Night Live‘s ratings doldrums from the past couple of months, following the departure of Seth Meyers. With Amazing Spider-Man 2 star Andrew Garfield as host, Coldplay as musical guest and Garfield’s co-star/girlfriend Emma Stone as a featured surprise guest, last night’s show averaged a 3.9 in the metered markets households and a 2.0 among adults 18-49 in the 25 markets with Local People Meters. That was even in households and down a tenth in 18-49 from SNL‘s last original on April 12 hosted by Seth Rogen and matched SNL‘s season lows in both categories. There are two more episodes left in the season, hosted by Charlize Theron and SNL alum Andy Samberg, after which the veteran sketch program will likely undergo some tuning up for next season.
‘Saturday Night Live’ Ties Season Lows With Host Andrew Garfield
What's Hot on Deadline
'Tomorrowland,' 'Pitch Perfect' Compete As 'Mad Max' Holds Strong; 'Ultron' To Cross $400M - Box Office Friday
TLC "Deeply Saddened" As It Pulls All Episodes of '19 Kids And Counting' In Wake Of Child Molestation Allegations - Update
'Jurassic World' Tracking Like 'Man Of Steel' - But How Many $100M+ Openings After That In Summer 2015?
Latest TV News
- Marty Pasetta Dies: Longtime Director Of Academy Awards Telecasts Was 82
- ‘X-Factor’ Producers Hit With $2M Lawsuit By Contestant; Says Performance Was “Altered”
- Showrunner Jennie Snyder Urman On Almost Passing On ‘Jane The Virgin’, Pace, Title Change & How Will It End
- ‘Fuller’ Brush-Off: Olsens Won’t Head Home For ‘Full House’ Sequel
- Melissa McCarthy Staying At CAA
- UP Orders ‘Last Hope With Troy Dunn’ To Series