Even a superhero couldn’t shake off Saturday Night Live‘s ratings doldrums from the past couple of months, following the departure of Seth Meyers. With Amazing Spider-Man 2 star Andrew Garfield as host, Coldplay as musical guest and Garfield’s co-star/girlfriend Emma Stone as a featured surprise guest, last night’s show averaged a 3.9 in the metered markets households and a 2.0 among adults 18-49 in the 25 markets with Local People Meters. That was even in households and down a tenth in 18-49 from SNL‘s last original on April 12 hosted by Seth Rogen and matched SNL‘s season lows in both categories. There are two more episodes left in the season, hosted by Charlize Theron and SNL alum Andy Samberg, after which the veteran sketch program will likely undergo some tuning up for next season.
‘Saturday Night Live’ Ties Season Lows With Host Andrew Garfield
What's Hot on Deadline
Bill O'Reilly To Matt Lauer On His Firing From Fox News & Sexual Harassment Claims: "This Was A Hit Job"
Latest TV News
- Hillary Clinton To Colbert: Donald Trump UN Speech “Dark, Dangerous”
- Fox & Twitter Partner On Streaming Initiatives For ‘Empire’, ‘The Mick’, And ‘Ghosted’
- Donald Trump’s “Baseless” Desire To Toss Ex-‘Apprentice’ Hopeful’s Suit Slammed
- Beau Willimon Elected President Of WGA East
- Jamie Lee Curtis To Star In & Produce Funeral Home Comedy In Works At CBS
- ‘Oscar Pistorius: Blade Runner Killer’ Movie Set For Fall Premiere On Lifetime