Saturday Night Live wrapped a rough transitional season last night. The season finale, hosted by Andy Samberg and musical guest St. Vincent, averaged a 4.0 in metered market households and a 2.1 in adults 18-49 in the markets with Local People Meters. That was up from last week’s season lows (3.8 in HH, 1.8 in 18-49) and about average for this season, which started strong before settling into ratings just north of a 4 HH rating and 2 in 18-49. For comparison, last season’s SNL finale with host Ben Affleck and musical guest Kanye West posted a 4.7 HH rating and a 2.7 in adults 18-49. The ratings were matched by this season premiere hosted by Tina Fey.
‘Saturday Night Live’ Finale Draws Average Ratings, Down From Last Year
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Andreeva
- Raycom Media TV Stations Blacked Out By DirecTV In Carriage Dispute
- ABC Buys Medical Thriller From Janine Sherman Barrois & Aaron Kaplan
- Bob Cooper, EOne Prep Post-Apocalyptic Event Series With Book Acquisition
- Fox Buys Detective Drama Based On Australian Miniseries 'Jack Irish'
- 'The Greatest American Hero' Gets Fox Remake With Phil Lord & Chris Miller
- Jennifer Johnson Exiting 'The Following' As Showrunner, Trio Takes Over