Saturday Night Live wrapped a rough transitional season last night. The season finale, hosted by Andy Samberg and musical guest St. Vincent, averaged a 4.0 in metered market households and a 2.1 in adults 18-49 in the markets with Local People Meters. That was up from last week’s season lows (3.8 in HH, 1.8 in 18-49) and about average for this season, which started strong before settling into ratings just north of a 4 HH rating and 2 in 18-49. For comparison, last season’s SNL finale with host Ben Affleck and musical guest Kanye West posted a 4.7 HH rating and a 2.7 in adults 18-49. The ratings were matched by this season premiere hosted by Tina Fey.
‘Saturday Night Live’ Finale Draws Average Ratings, Down From Last Year
What's Hot on Deadline
Hollywood Cowardice: George Clooney Explains Why Sony Stood Alone In North Korean Cyberterror Attack
Obama: Sony Made Mistake Pulling 'The Interview'; U.S. Will Respond Proportionally At Time And Place We Choose -- Update
Sony Responds To President Obama's Criticism: "We Had No Choice," Still Hope To Release 'The Interview'
More From Andreeva
- Sarah Jessica Parker Poised To Star In HBO Divorce Comedy Pilot
- Ernie Hudson To Play Poseidon On 'Once Upon a Time'
- Christina Aguilera-Produced Dramedy, Twitter-Based Comedy, Shakespeare-Themed Drama On Prospect Park's Slate
- The Lucas Brothers To Topline & Co-Write Autobiographical Comedy For Fox
- Daniel Wu To Star In AMC Martial Arts Drama Series 'Badlands'
- Hacker Drama 'Mr. Robot' Picked Up To Series By USA