EXCLUSIVE: Samantha Logan, who has been recurring on ABC Family series Melissa & Joey, has been cast as the lead of the network’s drama pilot Recovery Road, based on Blake Nelson’s novel about a teenage girl dealing with addiction. Written by Bert V. Royal and Karen DiConcetto, the project centers on Maddie Graham (Logan). She has a reputation as a party girl who doesn’t think she has a problem, until she’s confronted by her school guidance counselor and forced to choose between expulsion and rehab. Maddie opts to spend her nights living with other recovering addicts at a rehab facility, and her days pretending everything is perfectly normal among her high school classmates and her closest friends. Larry Trilling is directing the pilot, which is executive produced by Beth Miller, Craig Piligian and Danielle Von Zerneck. 666 Park Ave alumna Logan, repped by Innovative Artists, recently wrapped Disney’s Alexander And The Terrible. Horrible, No Good, Very Bad Day.
Samantha Logan To Play The Lead In ABC Family Drama Pilot ‘Recovery Road’
What's Hot on Deadline
Bernie Sanders: Obama Administration "Should Kill" The AT&T-Time Warner Deal: "Higher Prices & Fewer Choices"
Peter Jackson & Fran Walsh Rev 'Mortal Engines'; Directing Debut For 'Hobbit' VFX Protege Christian Rivers
Latest TV News
- Media-Loathing Donald Trump Launches Alt Nightly Campaign Coverage
- Michael Gleason Dies; ‘Remington Steele’ Co-Creator Was 78
- Charter Fails To Get Byron Allen’s $10B Racial Discrimination Suit Dismissed
- ‘Ice’: Antoine Fuqua Pulls Back, Remains Executive Producer On DirecTV Series
- Lady Gaga Talks Super Bowl, Shouts At Drivers In ‘Carpool Karaoke’ Sneak Peek
- Obama Tells Jimmy Kimmel That Donald Trump’s Debate Performances Make Him Laugh