EXCLUSIVE: Samantha Logan, who has been recurring on ABC Family series Melissa & Joey, has been cast as the lead of the network’s drama pilot Recovery Road, based on Blake Nelson’s novel about a teenage girl dealing with addiction. Written by Bert V. Royal and Karen DiConcetto, the project centers on Maddie Graham (Logan). She has a reputation as a party girl who doesn’t think she has a problem, until she’s confronted by her school guidance counselor and forced to choose between expulsion and rehab. Maddie opts to spend her nights living with other recovering addicts at a rehab facility, and her days pretending everything is perfectly normal among her high school classmates and her closest friends. Larry Trilling is directing the pilot, which is executive produced by Beth Miller, Craig Piligian and Danielle Von Zerneck. 666 Park Ave alumna Logan, repped by Innovative Artists, recently wrapped Disney’s Alexander And The Terrible. Horrible, No Good, Very Bad Day.
Samantha Logan To Play The Lead In ABC Family Drama Pilot ‘Recovery Road’
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Andreeva
- 'NCIS: Los Angeles' Cuts Into 'Scorpion' In Los Angeles
- Cindy Chupack Sells Girlfriends Comedy To ABC
- Fred Goss Family Comedy Gets ABC Put Pilot Commitment
- ABC Family Picks Up 'Stitchers' And 'Young & Hungry', Cancels 'Mystery Girls', Passes On 'Unstrung'
- Jenna Elfman Inks Development Deal With 20th TV To Topline New Series
- 'Once Upon A Time' & 'Family Guy' Soar; 'Resurrection', 'Revenge' & 'CSI' Down In Return – Ratings Rat Race