EXCLUSIVE: Samantha Logan, who has been recurring on ABC Family series Melissa & Joey, has been cast as the lead of the network’s drama pilot Recovery Road, based on Blake Nelson’s novel about a teenage girl dealing with addiction. Written by Bert V. Royal and Karen DiConcetto, the project centers on Maddie Graham (Logan). She has a reputation as a party girl who doesn’t think she has a problem, until she’s confronted by her school guidance counselor and forced to choose between expulsion and rehab. Maddie opts to spend her nights living with other recovering addicts at a rehab facility, and her days pretending everything is perfectly normal among her high school classmates and her closest friends. Larry Trilling is directing the pilot, which is executive produced by Beth Miller, Craig Piligian and Danielle Von Zerneck. 666 Park Ave alumna Logan, repped by Innovative Artists, recently wrapped Disney’s Alexander And The Terrible. Horrible, No Good, Very Bad Day.
Samantha Logan To Play The Lead In ABC Family Drama Pilot ‘Recovery Road’
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Andreeva
- ABC Buys Medical Thriller From Janine Sherman Barrois & Aaron Kaplan
- Bob Cooper, EOne Prep Post-Apocalyptic Event Series With Book Acquisition
- Fox Buys Detective Drama Based On Australian Miniseries 'Jack Irish'
- 'The Greatest American Hero' Gets Fox Remake With Phil Lord & Chris Miller
- Jennifer Johnson Exiting 'The Following' As Showrunner, Trio Takes Over
- Enver Gjokaj & Chad Michael Murray Cast In ABC Series 'Marvel's Agent Carter'