American Idol, just renewed for a 14th cycle, will return with its original host. I have learned that Ryan Seacrest has closed a new deal to continue on the Fox reality series, which launched his TV career. I hear his contract is for the next season with an option for another. Seacrest remains in discussions with NBCUniversal, where his wide-ranging deal spanning Today, the Olympics and E! also is up. He will likely reach a new agreement with NBCU, though its scope is still in flux because Seacrest is busy on so many fronts. He also has a major deal with Clear Channel, where he has his radio show and has been involved in the iHeartRadio franchise as host and producer.
Ryan Seacrest Closes Deal To Return To ‘American Idol’
What's Hot on Deadline
SAG Awards: 'Three Billboards Outside Ebbing, Missouri' Wins For Film Ensemble - Complete Winners List
SAG Awards Analysis: 'Three Billboards' Rebounds From PGA Loss, But Oscar Race Still Too Close To Call; NBC's 'This Is Us' Shakes Things Up On TV Side
Jason Blum's Advice To Burgeoning Producers At Sundance: "Don’t Worry About Your Movie Getting A Theatrical Release"
White House Correspondent April Ryan Tells CNN News Organizations Have Police "On Speed Dial" For Death Threats
'Jumanji' At $768M WW Intensity & 4th #1 In A Row Overseas; 'Maze Runner: Death Cure' Debuts - International Box Office
Latest TV News
- TV News Fires Up For Noon Budget Vote On Day 3 Of Government Shutdown
- BBC Worldwide Investment; Banff Names Honouree; Sky Vision Closes ‘Britannia’ Sales – Global Briefs
- Caryn Mandabach Prods Developing Kazuo Ishiguro’s ‘When We Were Orphans’
- SAG Awards Analysis: ‘Three Billboards’ Rebounds From PGA Loss, But Oscar Race Still Too Close To Call; NBC’s ‘This Is Us’ Shakes…
- SAG Awards Backstage: Allison Janney Calls #MeToo Movement “Watershed Moment” For Hollywood
- SAG Awards: ‘Three Billboards Outside Ebbing, Missouri’ Wins For Film Ensemble – Complete Winners List