American Idol, just renewed for a 14th cycle, will return with its original host. I have learned that Ryan Seacrest has closed a new deal to continue on the Fox reality series, which launched his TV career. I hear his contract is for the next season with an option for another. Seacrest remains in discussions with NBCUniversal, where his wide-ranging deal spanning Today, the Olympics and E! also is up. He will likely reach a new agreement with NBCU, though its scope is still in flux because Seacrest is busy on so many fronts. He also has a major deal with Clear Channel, where he has his radio show and has been involved in the iHeartRadio franchise as host and producer.
Ryan Seacrest Closes Deal To Return To ‘American Idol’
What's Hot on Deadline
'Fantastic Beasts' Bests $600M WW; 'Moana' Mints $177M; 'Doctor Strange' Ices 'Deadpool', 'Iron Man 2' - Intl Box Office
Alec Baldwin Says Ha! To Donald Trump, While Judd Apatow Calls 'SNL'-Watching Prez-Elect "Terrifying Lunatic"
Latest TV News
- ‘Chasing Cameron’ Trailer: Netflix Series Follows Social Media Star Cameron Dallas
- As NFL Ratings Recover, TV Ad Sales Should Grow In 2017 Research Guru Says
- ‘Dick Clark's New Year's Rockin' Eve’ Heads To New Orleans For First-Ever Live Central Time Zone Countdown
- BBC Earth Films To Screen In China; ITV, Huace In Format Deal – Global Briefs
- ‘Westworld’ Explosive Finale Recap “The Bicameral Mind”: New Gods Will Walk
- ‘Designated Survivor’ Taps New Showrunner As Jon Harmon Feldman Exits