Latin-American singer Romeo Santos is revving up for a role in Universal’s Fast & Furious 7. The chart-topping, Grammy-nominated musician and former lead singer of the Bachata group Aventura was joined Thursday night onstage at his sold-out Staples Center concert in Los Angeles by Fast & Furious franchise star Vin Diesel, who made the announcement. Santos’s role has yet to be revealed. Like Diesel, the NY-born musician has a huge social media following with over 2M Twitter followers and 19M Facebook fans. He’ll be joining Jason Statham, Kurt Russell, and more newcomers alongside series returners Diesel, Dwayne Johnson, Michelle Rodriguez, Jordana Brewster, Tyrese Gibson, Ludacris, Lucas Black, and the late Paul Walker in the James Wan-directed sequel, which Universal will release on April 10, 2015.
Latin Music Superstar Romeo Santos Joins ‘Fast & Furious 7’
What's Hot on Deadline
John Oliver Offers Donald Trump His Emmy Award If Candidate Will Accept Election Results On November 8
Bernie Sanders: Obama Administration "Should Kill" The AT&T-Time Warner Deal: "Higher Prices & Fewer Choices"
'Jack Reacher' Cuffs $31M But 'Mechanic' Puts Wrench Into China Perf; 'Girl', 'Inferno', 'Peregrine' Advance - Intl Box Office
'Saturday Night Live' Hits Season High Ratings With Tom Hanks, Lady Gaga & More Donald Trump & Hillary Clinton
Latest Film News
- ‘Jack Reacher’ Cuffs $31M But ‘Mechanic’ Puts Wrench Into China Perf; ‘Girl’, ‘Inferno’, ‘Peregrine’ Advance – Intl…
- ‘Ouija: Origin Of Evil’: The Newton Brothers Talk Their Horror Film Score
- 'Moonlight' & ‘Michael Moore In TrumpLand' Top 2016 Theater Averages – Specialty B.O.
- ‘Madea’ To Push Well Past $27M As ‘Jack Reacher’ Takes $22M to $23M; ‘Joneses’ Can’t Keep Up – Sun…
- Matthew McConaughey To Be Honored At Napa Valley Film Festival
- Dan Porter, WME’s Head Of Digital, To Exit Agency