Latin-American singer Romeo Santos is revving up for a role in Universal’s Fast & Furious 7. The chart-topping, Grammy-nominated musician and former lead singer of the Bachata group Aventura was joined Thursday night onstage at his sold-out Staples Center concert in Los Angeles by Fast & Furious franchise star Vin Diesel, who made the announcement. Santos’s role has yet to be revealed. Like Diesel, the NY-born musician has a huge social media following with over 2M Twitter followers and 19M Facebook fans. He’ll be joining Jason Statham, Kurt Russell, and more newcomers alongside series returners Diesel, Dwayne Johnson, Michelle Rodriguez, Jordana Brewster, Tyrese Gibson, Ludacris, Lucas Black, and the late Paul Walker in the James Wan-directed sequel, which Universal will release on April 10, 2015.
Latin Music Superstar Romeo Santos Joins ‘Fast & Furious 7’
What's Hot on Deadline
‘Sherlock’ Creators & Cast On Season 4 Finale's Thrills & Heart; Is This Really ‘The Final Problem’ For The Baker Street Boys?
'Hidden Figures' Calculates $25M+ Weekend, But Why Are So Many Movies Bombing Over MLK? - Monday AM Update
'Rogue One' Rises To $980M Global; 'Passengers' Takes Over Offshore No. 1 - International Box Office
Latest Film News
- Isabelle Huppert Adds Another Honor As Oscar Noms Loom
- Gerald Levin To Donald Trump On Rep. John Lewis: Have You No Sense Of Decency, Sir?
- ‘Hidden Figures’ Calculates $25M+ Weekend, But Why Are So Many Movies Bombing Over MLK? – Monday AM Update
- Cannes Film Festival Re-Elects Pierre Lescure As President; Lionsgate Inks Deals For ‘Kicking & Screaming’…
- Oprah Winfrey, Van Jones & Ava DuVernay Talk Politics At Netflix Exec’s Home
- ‘Rogue One’ Rises To $980M Global; ‘Passengers’ Takes Over Offshore No. 1 – International…