Latin-American singer Romeo Santos is revving up for a role in Universal’s Fast & Furious 7. The chart-topping, Grammy-nominated musician and former lead singer of the Bachata group Aventura was joined Thursday night onstage at his sold-out Staples Center concert in Los Angeles by Fast & Furious franchise star Vin Diesel, who made the announcement. Santos’s role has yet to be revealed. Like Diesel, the NY-born musician has a huge social media following with over 2M Twitter followers and 19M Facebook fans. He’ll be joining Jason Statham, Kurt Russell, and more newcomers alongside series returners Diesel, Dwayne Johnson, Michelle Rodriguez, Jordana Brewster, Tyrese Gibson, Ludacris, Lucas Black, and the late Paul Walker in the James Wan-directed sequel, which Universal will release on April 10, 2015.
Latin Music Superstar Romeo Santos Joins ‘Fast & Furious 7′
What's Hot on Deadline
Hollywood Cowardice: George Clooney Explains Why Sony Stood Alone In North Korean Cyberterror Attack
More From Yamato
- Sony Chief “Disappointed” By Obama Rebuke, Hollywood's Cowed Silence
- Fox International Ups Kieran Breen To Marketing President Post
- Sony Responds To President Obama's Criticism: “We Had No Choice,” Still Hope To Release 'The Interview'
- DGA Stands By 'The Interview' Directors, Calls On Feds To Protect Hollywood
- Aaron Sorkin Still In Bed With John Edwards Exposé 'The Politician'