Latin-American singer Romeo Santos is revving up for a role in Universal’s Fast & Furious 7. The chart-topping, Grammy-nominated musician and former lead singer of the Bachata group Aventura was joined Thursday night onstage at his sold-out Staples Center concert in Los Angeles by Fast & Furious franchise star Vin Diesel, who made the announcement. Santos’s role has yet to be revealed. Like Diesel, the NY-born musician has a huge social media following with over 2M Twitter followers and 19M Facebook fans. He’ll be joining Jason Statham, Kurt Russell, and more newcomers alongside series returners Diesel, Dwayne Johnson, Michelle Rodriguez, Jordana Brewster, Tyrese Gibson, Ludacris, Lucas Black, and the late Paul Walker in the James Wan-directed sequel, which Universal will release on April 10, 2015.
Latin Music Superstar Romeo Santos Joins ‘Fast & Furious 7′
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Yamato
- Ken Jeong Dives Into Celebrity Death Pool Pic For Hyde Park, WWE Studios
- Tribeca Film Springs For Chris Lowell's 'Beside Still Waters'
- Zoe Cassavetes Ponders Plight Of The L.A. Actress In 'Day Out Of Days'
- Jason Reitman's 'Men, Women & Children' Pacts With Secret-Spiller Whisper
- Cara Delevingne Circling Beach Boys Musical 'All Summer Long'