EXCLUSIVE: Relativity Media has hired writer Ronnie Christensen (Passengers, Dark Tide) to script Latitude, which the studio is developing with Marcel Langenegger set to direct. The psychological horror film follows a family who is trapped on a haunted Japanese cargo vessel that’s been lost at sea after a tsunami. Relativity’s Daniel Herther is overseeing for the studio. Langengegger, who made his directorial debut with 2008’s Hugh Jackman, Ewan McGregor, and Michelle Williams starrer Deception, also produced 2012’s 3,2,1 … Frankie Go Boom. Christensen previously sold supernatural spec Incarnate to Blumhouse, which IM Global partnered on to finance. Langenegger is repped by CAA. Christensen is repped by Trevor Engelson and Josh McGuire at Underground and Stone, Meyer, Genow, Smelkinson and Binder.
Relativity Sets ‘Deception’ Helmer, ‘Passengers’ Scribe For Psychological Horror ‘Latitude’
Trending Now on Deadline
'Black-ish', 'Grey's Anatomy', 'Castle', 'The Goldbergs', 'Modern Family', 'Once Upon A Time' & Others Get Extra Episodes At ABC
More From Yamato
- 'Zeroville' Adds Seth Rogen, Megan Fox & More; Brad Carter Lands 'The Revenant;' Noah Segan Enlists In 'War Pigs'
- 'Avengers: Age Of Ultron' Trailer Smashes Viewing Record; More Footage Coming
- Dark Sky Dips Into Postapocalyptic Thriller 'The Well'
- 'Banshee Chapter' First Virtual Reality Film To Hit Oculus Rift
- 'Insidious: Chapter 3′ Scares Up First Teaser – Video
- Kiernan Shipka, Meg Ryan Board Teen Comedy 'Fan Girl'