EXCLUSIVE: Relativity Media has hired writer Ronnie Christensen (Passengers, Dark Tide) to script Latitude, which the studio is developing with Marcel Langenegger set to direct. The psychological horror film follows a family who is trapped on a haunted Japanese cargo vessel that’s been lost at sea after a tsunami. Relativity’s Daniel Herther is overseeing for the studio. Langengegger, who made his directorial debut with 2008’s Hugh Jackman, Ewan McGregor, and Michelle Williams starrer Deception, also produced 2012’s 3,2,1 … Frankie Go Boom. Christensen previously sold supernatural spec Incarnate to Blumhouse, which IM Global partnered on to finance. Langenegger is repped by CAA. Christensen is repped by Trevor Engelson and Josh McGuire at Underground and Stone, Meyer, Genow, Smelkinson and Binder.
Relativity Sets ‘Deception’ Helmer, ‘Passengers’ Scribe For Psychological Horror ‘Latitude’
What's Hot on Deadline
Hollywood Cowardice: George Clooney Explains Why Sony Stood Alone In North Korean Cyberterror Attack
Sony Responds To President Obama's Criticism: "We Had No Choice," Still Hope To Release 'The Interview'
Obama: Sony Made Mistake Pulling 'The Interview'; U.S. Will Respond Proportionally At Time And Place We Choose -- Update
More From Yamato
- Sony Chief “Disappointed” By Obama Rebuke, Hollywood's Cowed Silence
- Fox International Ups Kieran Breen To Marketing President Post
- Sony Responds To President Obama's Criticism: “We Had No Choice,” Still Hope To Release 'The Interview'
- DGA Stands By 'The Interview' Directors, Calls On Feds To Protect Hollywood
- Aaron Sorkin Still In Bed With John Edwards Exposé 'The Politician'