EXCLUSIVE: Relativity Media has hired writer Ronnie Christensen (Passengers, Dark Tide) to script Latitude, which the studio is developing with Marcel Langenegger set to direct. The psychological horror film follows a family who is trapped on a haunted Japanese cargo vessel that’s been lost at sea after a tsunami. Relativity’s Daniel Herther is overseeing for the studio. Langengegger, who made his directorial debut with 2008’s Hugh Jackman, Ewan McGregor, and Michelle Williams starrer Deception, also produced 2012’s 3,2,1 … Frankie Go Boom. Christensen previously sold supernatural spec Incarnate to Blumhouse, which IM Global partnered on to finance. Langenegger is repped by CAA. Christensen is repped by Trevor Engelson and Josh McGuire at Underground and Stone, Meyer, Genow, Smelkinson and Binder.
Relativity Sets ‘Deception’ Helmer, ‘Passengers’ Scribe For Psychological Horror ‘Latitude’
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Yamato
- Telluride: Fandor Acquires Sci-Fi Short 'The Sand Storm' Starring Ai Weiwei
- A Year After First Peek, Universal Trailers Delayed 'Seventh Son'
- Jena Malone, Douglas Smith Lead 'Bottom Of The World'; Nick Braun Heads To 'Stanford'; David Coussins Joins 'Good Kids'
- XLrator Media, New Artists Alliance Ink 3-Picture Sci-Fi Pact
- WME Signs 'Goosebumps' Star Dylan Minnette
- Drafthouse Acquires Martin Starr Romance 'Amira & Sam'