EXCLUSIVE: Relativity Media has hired writer Ronnie Christensen (Passengers, Dark Tide) to script Latitude, which the studio is developing with Marcel Langenegger set to direct. The psychological horror film follows a family who is trapped on a haunted Japanese cargo vessel that’s been lost at sea after a tsunami. Relativity’s Daniel Herther is overseeing for the studio. Langengegger, who made his directorial debut with 2008’s Hugh Jackman, Ewan McGregor, and Michelle Williams starrer Deception, also produced 2012’s 3,2,1 … Frankie Go Boom. Christensen previously sold supernatural spec Incarnate to Blumhouse, which IM Global partnered on to finance. Langenegger is repped by CAA. Christensen is repped by Trevor Engelson and Josh McGuire at Underground and Stone, Meyer, Genow, Smelkinson and Binder.
Relativity Sets ‘Deception’ Helmer, ‘Passengers’ Scribe For Psychological Horror ‘Latitude’
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Yamato
- John Carpenter Q&A: Why 'Halloween' Didn't Need Sequels & What Scares The Master Of Horror
- 'Midnight Rider': New Photos Show Crew On Train Tracks Before Sarah Jones Death
- 'Riddick's David Twohy To Direct Relativity Sci-Fier 'Replay'
- Blood List Names 'Bird Box' Best 2014 Genre Script; Adds Pilots, Books
- Robin Williams' Final Film 'Boulevard' AFM-Bound; Pair Join Catherine Zeta-Jones' 'Godmother'; More
- Trick Or Treat? 'Tales Of Halloween' Horror Anthology Taps Neil Marshall, Darren Bousman & More – AFM