The Warner Bros limited release now will open on October 3, more than three weeks after its original September 10 date. That pits the Reese Witherspoon-fronted The Good Lie against WB’s untitled New Line horror flick and David Fincher’s dark lit adaptation Gone Girl, starring Ben Affleck as a man suspected of offing his missing wife. On the sunnier side, Witherspoon stars in The Good Lie as a straight-talking American woman who takes in a Sudanese refugee. Philippe Falardeau (Monsieur Lazhar) directs from a script by Margaret Nagle.
WB Moves Reese Witherspoon Refugee Drama ‘The Good Lie’ To October
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Yamato
- Telluride: Fandor Acquires Sci-Fi Short 'The Sand Storm' Starring Ai Weiwei
- A Year After First Peek, Universal Trailers Delayed 'Seventh Son'
- Jena Malone, Douglas Smith Lead 'Bottom Of The World'; Nick Braun Heads To 'Stanford'; David Coussins Joins 'Good Kids'
- XLrator Media, New Artists Alliance Ink 3-Picture Sci-Fi Pact
- WME Signs 'Goosebumps' Star Dylan Minnette
- Drafthouse Acquires Martin Starr Romance 'Amira & Sam'