The Warner Bros limited release now will open on October 3, more than three weeks after its original September 10 date. That pits the Reese Witherspoon-fronted The Good Lie against WB’s untitled New Line horror flick and David Fincher’s dark lit adaptation Gone Girl, starring Ben Affleck as a man suspected of offing his missing wife. On the sunnier side, Witherspoon stars in The Good Lie as a straight-talking American woman who takes in a Sudanese refugee. Philippe Falardeau (Monsieur Lazhar) directs from a script by Margaret Nagle.
WB Moves Reese Witherspoon Refugee Drama ‘The Good Lie’ To October
What's Hot on Deadline
Netflix Plans 80 Movies In 2018, Up From Eight In Current Quarter; "People Will Start Seeing The Potential"
Latest Film News
- TV Azteca, Keshet Team For Super Series; Acorn Looks ‘Straight Forward’ – Mipcom
- Netflix Plans 80 Movies In 2018, Up From Eight In Current Quarter; “People Will Start Seeing The Potential”
- Cher Dances Her Way Into ‘Mamma Mia!’ Sequel
- ‘Better Call Saul’s Michael Mando Joins Jesse Eisenberg In ‘The Hummingbird Project’
- Jordan Peele, Channing Dungey & More Named As Honorees At AAFCA’s Special Achievement Ceremony
- Netflix Gains 5.3M Global Subs In Q3 As Stock Sets Record; Says Bid For Weinstein Co “Extremely Unlikely”