The Warner Bros limited release now will open on October 3, more than three weeks after its original September 10 date. That pits the Reese Witherspoon-fronted The Good Lie against WB’s untitled New Line horror flick and David Fincher’s dark lit adaptation Gone Girl, starring Ben Affleck as a man suspected of offing his missing wife. On the sunnier side, Witherspoon stars in The Good Lie as a straight-talking American woman who takes in a Sudanese refugee. Philippe Falardeau (Monsieur Lazhar) directs from a script by Margaret Nagle.
WB Moves Reese Witherspoon Refugee Drama ‘The Good Lie’ To October
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
UPDATE: 'Cops' Bryce Dion Killed By Friendly Fire In Omaha While Filming Response To Wendy's Robbery
More From Yamato
- Four Join 'One & Two' For Sundance Winning 'Rich Hill' Director; 'Total Frat Movie' Taps Tom Green
- Hot Trailer: Jean Dujardin Takes On French Drug Mafia In 'The Connection'
- Lionsgate Horror Hit 'Saw' Set For 10th Anniversary Re-release
- Walden Media, TWC Pledge Partial 'Giver' Proceeds To Literacy
- 'Nightcrawler' To Close Fantastic Fest 2014; 'John Wick' Joins Lineup
- Samuel Goldwyn To Help Kirk Cameron “Put Christ Back Into Christmas”