The former Cartoon Network and Syfy exec is joining the cable net as SVP Development and Current Programming. Rob Swartz will develop and oversee the production and creative execution of ReelzChannel’s original programming slate, including six new and returning original series this summer. “It is exciting to welcome an experienced television executive like Rob to our network,” Reelz CEO Stan Hubbard said. “His expertise and industry relationships are a formidable combination that we know will help us develop a rich and compelling programming slate.” Prior to Reelz, Swartz was president of Venn Media, and before that he was VP Original Series at Cartoon Network, driving its expansion into live-action and alternative. He also did a stint as President of Alternative Programming at Syfy.
ReelzChannel Taps Rob Swartz As SVP
Trending Now on Deadline
'Black-ish', 'Grey's Anatomy', 'Castle', 'The Goldbergs', 'Modern Family', 'Once Upon A Time' & Others Get Extra Episodes At ABC
More From Team
- Lyndsy Fonseca Joins 'Marvel's Agent Carter'
- Jim Parsons To Star In Animated 'Elf' Holiday Special On NBC
- 'Madam Secretary' Coming To U.K. On Sky Living; NBCUniversal International Television Production Pacts With TV3 Group Ireland…
- 'High Profits': New CNN Series Profiles Colorado Pot Business Owners
- Mary McCormack & Alicia Witt Join 'House Of Lies'; Lindsey Gort In 'Self Promotion'
- Courtney Love To Guest Star In Fox's 'Empire'