The former Cartoon Network and Syfy exec is joining the cable net as SVP Development and Current Programming. Rob Swartz will develop and oversee the production and creative execution of ReelzChannel’s original programming slate, including six new and returning original series this summer. “It is exciting to welcome an experienced television executive like Rob to our network,” Reelz CEO Stan Hubbard said. “His expertise and industry relationships are a formidable combination that we know will help us develop a rich and compelling programming slate.” Prior to Reelz, Swartz was president of Venn Media, and before that he was VP Original Series at Cartoon Network, driving its expansion into live-action and alternative. He also did a stint as President of Alternative Programming at Syfy.
ReelzChannel Taps Rob Swartz As SVP
What's Hot on Deadline
Bernie Sanders: Obama Administration "Should Kill" The AT&T-Time Warner Deal: "Higher Prices & Fewer Choices"
'The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon' Showrunner Josh Lieb Departs For Uni TV Overall Deal, Trio Promoted To Run Show
Latest TV News
- ‘Red Oaks’ Appropriately Channels The ’80s In Faux TV Promo
- Donald Trump’s Debate 3 Performance Outstrips Cubs Game To Win Social Race
- ABC Buys Friends Comedy From ‘Wet Hot American Summer’ Co-EP Christina Lee
- Louis C.K., Tracy Morgan & Ryan Reynolds Join ‘Conan’s First New York Week Since 2011
- Obamageddon The Final Ride: POTUS Now In L.A For ‘Kimmel’ & Last Fundraisers
- Why Does Time Warner Want To Sell To AT&T, And What Will It Mean For Media?