The former Cartoon Network and Syfy exec is joining the cable net as SVP Development and Current Programming. Rob Swartz will develop and oversee the production and creative execution of ReelzChannel’s original programming slate, including six new and returning original series this summer. “It is exciting to welcome an experienced television executive like Rob to our network,” Reelz CEO Stan Hubbard said. “His expertise and industry relationships are a formidable combination that we know will help us develop a rich and compelling programming slate.” Prior to Reelz, Swartz was president of Venn Media, and before that he was VP Original Series at Cartoon Network, driving its expansion into live-action and alternative. He also did a stint as President of Alternative Programming at Syfy.
ReelzChannel Taps Rob Swartz As SVP
Trending Now on Deadline
'Dancing With The Stars' Finale Ratings Hit 4-Season High, 'The Voice' Down, 'Flash' & 'Mindy Project' Even
More From Team
- Jon Lindstrom Joins 'True Detective'; Dan Buran Boards TNT's Drug-Trade Pilot
- 'Unfinished Business' Redband Trailer: Vince Vaughn And Company Invade Europe
- 'Late Late Show' Guest Hosts Include Drew Carey & Judd Apatow Ahead Of Corden Debut
- Richard Linklater To Receive Palm Springs Visionary Award For 'Boyhood'
- MPTF's Night Before Oscar Fundraiser Setting Up Shop On Fox Lot
- Matt Barr Joins TNT's Drug-Trade Pilot; Katie Sarife In 'The Michelle Knight Story'