The former Cartoon Network and Syfy exec is joining the cable net as SVP Development and Current Programming. Rob Swartz will develop and oversee the production and creative execution of ReelzChannel’s original programming slate, including six new and returning original series this summer. “It is exciting to welcome an experienced television executive like Rob to our network,” Reelz CEO Stan Hubbard said. “His expertise and industry relationships are a formidable combination that we know will help us develop a rich and compelling programming slate.” Prior to Reelz, Swartz was president of Venn Media, and before that he was VP Original Series at Cartoon Network, driving its expansion into live-action and alternative. He also did a stint as President of Alternative Programming at Syfy.
ReelzChannel Taps Rob Swartz As SVP
What's Hot on Deadline
Hollywood Cowardice: George Clooney Explains Why Sony Stood Alone In North Korean Cyberterror Attack
More From Team
- Candy Crowley Saluted By Colleagues, Competition, Late-Night Hosts And Robot - Video
- 'Kim Jong-un' Targets Christmas Shoppers On SNL's 'Weekend Update'
- Dr. Evil Disses Sony, Kim Jong-un, Many Others In Mike Myers' Surprise 'SNL' Return
- Republicans To Exhibitors: Play 'The Interview'
- 'Orange Is The New Black' Inmates Croon A Zany 'Twelve Days Of Christmas' – Watch
- North Korea Wants To Work With U.S. To Find Hacker; Obama Admin Asks China For Help – UPDATE