Ray Winstone will be getting his inner Gary Busey on as he is pay or play in the role of Pappas in the Point Break remake that Alcon Entertainment is prepping for a June production start with Ericson Core directing. Luke Bracey is playing the undercover cop Johnny Utah role originated by Keanu Reeves, and they are looking hard to replace Gerard Butler in the Zen villain role of Bodhi, originated by the late Patrick Swayze in the Kathryn Bigelow-directed 1991 film that remains a guilty pleasure. Resolution-repped Winstone is coming off Noah, and will next be seen co-starring in the Pierre Morel-directed The Gunman with Sean Penn, Javier Bardem and Idris Elba. Open Road is closing a deal for domestic distributor on that Studiocanal-backed film.
Ray Winstone Joins ‘Point Break’
What's Hot on Deadline
Matt Groening Netflix Animated Comedy A Go With 20-Episode Order, Abbi Jacobson, Nat Faxon & Eric Andre Lead Voice Cast
Latest Film News
- ‘Valerian And The City Of A Thousand’ Misconceptions: Who’s On The Hook?
- Fox Sets Russo Brothers In Co-Finance & WW Distribution Deal For New Movie Projects
- Nicholas Hoult Frontrunner To Play Young J.R.R. Tolkien
- Toronto Film Festival List Kick-Starts Oscar Race, Spills The Beans On Upcoming Venice & Telluride Lineups
- Wanda Boss Says Company Is Putting The Breaks On Hollywood Investments
- Hilary Zaitz Michael Named WME Lit Packaging Agent