Ray Winstone will be getting his inner Gary Busey on as he is pay or play in the role of Pappas in the Point Break remake that Alcon Entertainment is prepping for a June production start with Ericson Core directing. Luke Bracey is playing the undercover cop Johnny Utah role originated by Keanu Reeves, and they are looking hard to replace Gerard Butler in the Zen villain role of Bodhi, originated by the late Patrick Swayze in the Kathryn Bigelow-directed 1991 film that remains a guilty pleasure. Resolution-repped Winstone is coming off Noah, and will next be seen co-starring in the Pierre Morel-directed The Gunman with Sean Penn, Javier Bardem and Idris Elba. Open Road is closing a deal for domestic distributor on that Studiocanal-backed film.
Ray Winstone Joins ‘Point Break’
What's Hot on Deadline
'Pacific Rim: Uprising' Doesn't Create Waves At $26M+; 'Black Panther' Sets Marvel Record & Beats 'Avengers'
Latest Film News
- UCLA Entertainment Symposium Tackles Paramount Issues With COO
- ‘Pacific Rim: Uprising’ Eyes $146M WW Weekend Bow With $65M From China
- ‘Ready Player One’ Cast Celebrate Spielberg; Talk Surprise Set Visits From George Lucas & Tom Cruise…
- Film Academy President John Bailey On Sex Harassment: “That Did Not Happen”
- Barry Diller Says Weinstein “A Gorilla”, Trump “Bad Character” & Explains Why He’d Never Own A Studio…
- ‘Billions’ Actor David Costabile To Play Doc McGhee In ‘The Dirt’