Ray Romano has joined the cast of HBO‘s untitled Rock ’n’ Roll drama pilot, from executive producers Martin Scorsese, Mick Jagger, George Mastras and Terence Winter. The pilot is eyeing a production start in early summer with Scorsese directing. The untitled drama is set in 1970s New York and explores the drug- and sex-fueled music business as punk and disco were breaking out, all through the eyes of record executive Richie Finestra (Bobby Cannavale), who is trying to resurrect his label and find the next new sound. Romano will play Richie’s close confidante and right hand man Zak Yankovich, the tough and sharp-witted had of promotions at American Century with years of experience dating back to the shady, mob-infested days of the recording business. The cast also includes Olivia Wilde and Juno Temple. Victoria Pearman, Emma Tillinger Koskoff and Rick Yorn also executive produce. After starting his career as a standup comedian and rising to fame as the star of hit sitcom Everybody Loves Raymond, Romano has taken a more dramatic turn with his acting choices. He co-created and toplined TNT’s dramedy Men Of A Certain Age and has been recurring on Parenthood. He is expected to continue on the NBC drama if it returns next season, possibly for a limited final installment. Repped by ICM Partners, Conversation Co. and Jon Moonves.
Ray Romano To Co-Star In HBO’s Rock ’N’ Roll Drama Pilot
What's Hot on Deadline
Bill Maher Under Gun Over Late-'90s Video Condoning Sex Between 33-Year-Old Teacher And 12-Year-Old Student
'Nashville' Creator Callie Khouri On Tragic Twist, Its Inevitability & Aftermath And Why Fans Should Keep Watching
Latest TV News
- ‘The Good Fight’ Adds Nyambi Nyambi As Recurring
- 'American Girl': Gwendoline Yeo To Star In Amazon's Special 'Ivy & Julie 1976: A Happy Balance'
- ‘MacGyver’ Rebounds In Demo Ratings, ‘Shark Tank’ & ‘Hawaii Five-0’ Top Night
- ‘Doctor Who’ Trailer Teases Return Of “Most Dangerous Man In The Universe”
- ‘Real Time’: Bill Maher Slams ‘Bait’-Taking Liberals & Huggy, Panda-Loving TV Journalists
- UTA Rally: “This Is Our Time To Resist,” Jodie Foster Tells Crowd; Asghar Farhadi Speaks Via Video – Watch