Jack Bauer…a ninja warrior? Fox’s 24: Live Another Day took on a new 9 PM competitor last night, NBC’s American Ninja Warrior, with the two shows tying to top a typically slow Memorial Day. Every original was down last night, including the two season premieres, Ninja Warrior from 9-10 PM (1.5 in adults 18-49, down 12% from last summer’s debut on July 1) and Fox’s MasterChef from 8-9 PM (1.4). The Gordon Ramsay cooking competition was down 33% from the 8-9 PM premiere episode last year when MasterChef launched on the final Wednesday of the season with two back-t0-back episodes. Fox originally had the reality series again returning just before the end of the season last Monday but pushed the premiere by a week to give 24: Live Another Day another week of Bones lead-in. Vs. the season finale of Bones last week, MasterChef was down 13%. 24 (1.5) was down 12% to a new low. Fox still won the night in 18-49. Also hitting series lows were the two other originals last night, ABC’s The Bachelorette (1.4, down 30% from last week’s season premiere) and CBS’ Friends With Better Lives (1.4, down 13%). The CW continues to be a movie network early in the summer, with a thematic entry last night, Memorial Day (0.3).
RATINGS RAT RACE: ‘MasterChef’ & ‘American Ninja Warrior’ Down In Return
What's Hot on Deadline
'Star Wars: The Force Awakens' Reaches Unprecedented Height At Domestic B.O. With $900M, $2B Worldwide
Lionsgate Plans 17 Films For 2017, Says 'Star Wars' Grabbed $50M-$100M From 'Mockingjay 2'; Stock Falls 27%
Latest TV News
- Mandalay Sports Media Teams With OBB Pictures For Sports Projects; 76ers’ Joel Embiid First In Lineup
- ‘Rocky Horror Picture Show’ Casts Ben Vereen; ‘Fear The Walking Dead’ Adds Veronica Diaz
- Worldwide Production Agency Names Five As Partners
- Fox Orders ‘The Enforcers’ Female Buddy Comedy Pilot, Chris Case Family Comedy
- ‘Training Day’: Will Ethan Hawke’s Jake Hoyt Return For TV Series Reboot?
- Bernie Sanders Heading to ‘SNL’ To Join Larry David