EXCLUSIVE: Another key star from Universal’s 2012 hit Pitch Perfect is warming up his vocal chords for the sequel. Skylar Astin will be reprising his role of Jesse, the fellow competitive a cappella singer Anna Kendrick‘s Beca fell for in the original. Kendrick, Rebel Wilson, Brittany Snow, and Adam DeVine are back for Pitch Perfect 2, for producer Elizabeth Banks, who is making her directorial debut. Katey Sagal and Hailee Steinfeld also will star in the pic, which Uni has dated for May 15, 2015. Astin got his start originating the role of Georg in the Tony-winning musical Spring Awakening alongside fellow breakout stars Jonathan Groff, Lea Michele, and John Gallagher Jr. Prior to Pitch Perfect Astin starred in and flexed his singing chops in 2008’s Hamlet 2 for Focus Features. Post-Pitch Perfect, he has focused on comedies including Relativity’s 21 & Over, Well Go’s indie bachelor comedy Cavemen, and the upcoming Flock Of Dudes with Chris D’Elia, Hannah Simone, and Hilary Duff. Astin also is set to return for a second season on Bill Lawrence’s TBS comedy Ground Floor, which was renewed in March. He’s repped by UTA, and managers Mike Smith at Principal LA and Jill Kaplan at Authentic Talent Management.
Skylar Astin Returning For ‘Pitch Perfect 2′
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Yamato
- 'Zeroville' Adds Seth Rogen, Megan Fox & More; Brad Carter Lands 'The Revenant;' Noah Segan Enlists In 'War Pigs'
- Dark Sky Dips Into Postapocalyptic Thriller 'The Well'
- 'Banshee Chapter' First Virtual Reality Film To Hit Oculus Rift
- 'Insidious: Chapter 3′ Scares Up First Teaser – Video
- Kiernan Shipka, Meg Ryan Board Teen Comedy 'Fan Girl'