EXCLUSIVE: Another key star from Universal’s 2012 hit Pitch Perfect is warming up his vocal chords for the sequel. Skylar Astin will be reprising his role of Jesse, the fellow competitive a cappella singer Anna Kendrick‘s Beca fell for in the original. Kendrick, Rebel Wilson, Brittany Snow, and Adam DeVine are back for Pitch Perfect 2, for producer Elizabeth Banks, who is making her directorial debut. Katey Sagal and Hailee Steinfeld also will star in the pic, which Uni has dated for May 15, 2015. Astin got his start originating the role of Georg in the Tony-winning musical Spring Awakening alongside fellow breakout stars Jonathan Groff, Lea Michele, and John Gallagher Jr. Prior to Pitch Perfect Astin starred in and flexed his singing chops in 2008’s Hamlet 2 for Focus Features. Post-Pitch Perfect, he has focused on comedies including Relativity’s 21 & Over, Well Go’s indie bachelor comedy Cavemen, and the upcoming Flock Of Dudes with Chris D’Elia, Hannah Simone, and Hilary Duff. Astin also is set to return for a second season on Bill Lawrence’s TBS comedy Ground Floor, which was renewed in March. He’s repped by UTA, and managers Mike Smith at Principal LA and Jill Kaplan at Authentic Talent Management.
Skylar Astin Returning For ‘Pitch Perfect 2′
What's Hot on Deadline
Hollywood Cowardice: George Clooney Explains Why Sony Stood Alone In North Korean Cyberterror Attack
More From Yamato
- Sony Responds To President Obama's Criticism: “We Had No Choice,” Still Hope To Release 'The Interview'
- Aaron Sorkin Still In Bed With John Edwards Exposé 'The Politician'
- Al Sharpton Meets With Amy Pascal: Will Work To Address Hollywood's “Cultural Blindness”
- 'American Sniper' Trailer: Bradley Cooper At His Best?
- Jim Carrey, 'Dumb And Dumber To' Producers Eye Reteam On 'Deep Cover'