EXCLUSIVE: Another key star from Universal’s 2012 hit Pitch Perfect is warming up his vocal chords for the sequel. Skylar Astin will be reprising his role of Jesse, the fellow competitive a cappella singer Anna Kendrick‘s Beca fell for in the original. Kendrick, Rebel Wilson, Brittany Snow, and Adam DeVine are back for Pitch Perfect 2, for producer Elizabeth Banks, who is making her directorial debut. Katey Sagal and Hailee Steinfeld also will star in the pic, which Uni has dated for May 15, 2015. Astin got his start originating the role of Georg in the Tony-winning musical Spring Awakening alongside fellow breakout stars Jonathan Groff, Lea Michele, and John Gallagher Jr. Prior to Pitch Perfect Astin starred in and flexed his singing chops in 2008’s Hamlet 2 for Focus Features. Post-Pitch Perfect, he has focused on comedies including Relativity’s 21 & Over, Well Go’s indie bachelor comedy Cavemen, and the upcoming Flock Of Dudes with Chris D’Elia, Hannah Simone, and Hilary Duff. Astin also is set to return for a second season on Bill Lawrence’s TBS comedy Ground Floor, which was renewed in March. He’s repped by UTA, and managers Mike Smith at Principal LA and Jill Kaplan at Authentic Talent Management.
Skylar Astin Returning For ‘Pitch Perfect 2’
What's Hot on Deadline
Universal Wins 'The Grownup'; 'Gone Girl' Author Gillian Flynn Short Story Sells In High-Six-Figure Deal
Latest Film News
- Paul Rudd, Steve Coogan To Share ‘An Ideal Home’ – Berlin
- Charlotte Rampling To Star With Josh Hartnett In ‘Valley of the Gods’ – Berlin
- ‘Kill Me, Deadly’ Trailer: ‘Criminal Minds’ Crew’s Noir Comedy Gets April 1 Release Date
- Film Movement Bringing France’s ‘My King’ To U.S.
- Universal Wins ‘The Grownup’; ‘Gone Girl’ Author Gillian Flynn Short Story Sells In High-Six-Figure Deal
- Pete Hammond’s Notes On The Season: Oscar Voting Begins As Contenders Make Final Pitch