Starz‘s new drama series Outlander, adapted from Diana Gabaldon’s bestselling books and executive produced by Ron Moore, will premiere Saturday, August 9 at 9 PM. The 16-episode first season is currently shooting on location in Scotland. Starz also released the official key art image for the show with the tagline, “What if your future was the past?” Outlander, from Sony TV, centers on Claire (Caitriona Balfe), a married British combat nurse from 1945 who mysteriously falls back in time to 1743 Scotland, where she is torn between her husband Frank Randall (Tobias Menzies) and Jamie Fraser (Sam Heughan), a Scottish warrior who comes to her rescue. A full-length trailer was released last week.
Starz Sets Premiere Date For ‘Outlander’, Releases Key Art
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Andreeva
- Bill Burr To Star In FX Comedy Pilot From 'It's Always Sunny In Philadelphia' Team
- 'Selfie' & 'Manhattan Love Story' Start Soft, Edge Fox Comedies; 'New Orleans' Holds, 'Forever' Drops – Ratings Rat Race
- ABC Pilot 'Clementine' Stays Alive With New Cast Extension, Eyes Summer Run
- Alyssa Milano Exits ABC's 'Mistresses'
- NBC Buys Legal Drama From Matt Lopez & John Glenn
- Julianna Margulies Inks Production Deal With CBS Studios