Starz‘s new drama series Outlander, adapted from Diana Gabaldon’s bestselling books and executive produced by Ron Moore, will premiere Saturday, August 9 at 9 PM. The 16-episode first season is currently shooting on location in Scotland. Starz also released the official key art image for the show with the tagline, “What if your future was the past?” Outlander, from Sony TV, centers on Claire (Caitriona Balfe), a married British combat nurse from 1945 who mysteriously falls back in time to 1743 Scotland, where she is torn between her husband Frank Randall (Tobias Menzies) and Jamie Fraser (Sam Heughan), a Scottish warrior who comes to her rescue. A full-length trailer was released last week.
Starz Sets Premiere Date For ‘Outlander’, Releases Key Art
What's Hot on Deadline
More From Andreeva
- Johnny Knoxville, Jermaine Fowler Projects, NBA Buddy Show Among 7 ABC Comedy Pilot Orders
- ABC Picks Up 4 Drama Pilots
- Busy Philipps Joins HBO Comedy Series 'Vice Principals'
- Medical Drama ‘LFE’ Gets CBS Pilot Order
- Idina Menzel To Star In ‘Happy Time’ Comedy Produced By Ellen DeGeneres
- ‘Parenthood’ Ends Run On High Ratings Note, ‘Scandal’ Up In Return, Pushes ‘Backstrom’ Down In…