Orange Is The New Black will return for a third season, its writers said via Twitter today. The show’s co-star Laura Prepon also confirmed the news via her Instagram feed (see below). The unofficially official word comes a month before Season 2 premieres on Netflix on June 6 with all 13 episodes available at launch. The Jenji Kohan-created prison dramedy stars Taylor Schilling, Jason Biggs, Prepon and Kate Mulgrew. It is competing in the comedy Emmy category this season after being submitted as a drama (and largely shut out) at the Golden Globes. It has had better luck elsewhere though, earning a Peabody Award and over the weekend winning Outstanding Comedy at the GLAAD Media Awards.
‘Orange Is The New Black’ Renewed For Season 3
What's Hot on Deadline
Sony Pictures Confirms Quentin Tarantino Deal; Margot Robbie, Tom Cruise, Brad Pitt, Leonardo DiCaprio Circling
Ryan Eggold, Who Played Fan Favorite Tom Keen In 'The Blacklist,' Joins Spike Lee's 'Black Klansman'
Actress Accuses 'Girls' EP Murray Miller Of Sexual Assault; Showrunners Lena Dunham & Jenni Konner Defend Him - Update
Latest TV News
- Hollywood Split Over Al Franken; Former ‘SNL’ Cast Members Take Sides
- Univision & Verizon Reach Deal, Ending Blackout And Restoring Stations
- David Cassidy Hospitalized With Reported Organ Failure
- ‘Hawaii Five-O’ Ratings Top Night Again, ’20/20′ Hits Viewership Season High
- Ann Wedgeworth Dies: ‘Three’s Company’, ‘Sweet Dreams’ Actress Was 83
- Malcolm Young Dies: AC/DC Guitarist Rocked Charts & TV-Film Soundtracks