NPR hourlong radio program Snap Judgment, created, hosted and executive produced by Glynn Washington and executive produced by Mark Ristich, has signed a first-look deal with Aaron Kaplan’s Kapital Entertainment to explore a TV series based on the the stories featured on the radio show. Snap Judgment, which is broadcast in the top ten major metropolitan markets, presents personal stories using raw, musical narrative to create storytelling with a beat. (You can listen to an episode below.) Launched in 2010, the radio show has nearly 1 million listeners tuning in weekly and more than 1 million monthly downloads. Snap Judgment, repped by CAA and attorney Jonathan Gardner, also tours the country with a live stage show.
NPR’s ‘Snap Judgment’ Inks TV Deal With Kapital Entertainment
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Andreeva
- Jon Turteltaub Producing CBS Family Comedy
- HBO & Playtone Take On Battle Against Offshoring With 'Factory Man' Miniseries
- Grant Gish Upped To VP Animation At 20th Century Fox TV
- Amazon Orders Soccer Kids Comedy Pilot 'The Kicks'
- NBC Eyes Horror Anthology Series From Jason Blum, Tony Krantz & Endemol
- Peter Segal To Direct & Executive Produce MTV's Ken Jeong Comedy Pilot