Nicolas Cage is set to star as an idealistic but flawed New Orleans congressman in Austin Stark‘s (Infinitely Polar Bear) The Runner. Stark makes his directorial debut in the film set in the aftermath of the tragic 2010 BP oil spill. Cage stars as New Orleans congressman Colin Price, who is forced to confront his dysfunctional life after his career is destroyed by a sex scandal. Stark also wrote and produces The Runner, a Paper Street Films and Back Lot Pictures production. Also producing are Benji Kohn, Bingo Gubelmann, and Chris Papavasiliou for Paper Street and Glenn Williamson for Back Lot. Ruth Mutch, Noah Millman, Sam Bisbee, Tom Conigliaro and Erika Hampson are executive producing. Production is set to begin next month in New Orleans.
Nicolas Cage To Topline ‘The Runner’
What's Hot on Deadline
Latest Film News
- Josh Brolin Opens Up About Death Of ‘Deadpool 2’ Stuntwoman Joi “SJ” Harris
- Sex Abuse Silence Is Over, But Even The Academy Is Entitled To A Defense
- ‘Straight Outta Compton’ Director Received Multiple Threats From Suge Knight, Court Records Claim
- ‘Boo 2! A Madea Halloween’ Reaps $21M+ During October Dumping Ground At The B.O.
- Harvey Weinstein Has “Different Recollection” Of Events In Lupita Nyong’o Op-Ed
- APA Agent Tyler Grasham Fired From Agency Following Sexual Assault Allegations