Nicolas Cage is set to star as an idealistic but flawed New Orleans congressman in Austin Stark‘s (Infinitely Polar Bear) The Runner. Stark makes his directorial debut in the film set in the aftermath of the tragic 2010 BP oil spill. Cage stars as New Orleans congressman Colin Price, who is forced to confront his dysfunctional life after his career is destroyed by a sex scandal. Stark also wrote and produces The Runner, a Paper Street Films and Back Lot Pictures production. Also producing are Benji Kohn, Bingo Gubelmann, and Chris Papavasiliou for Paper Street and Glenn Williamson for Back Lot. Ruth Mutch, Noah Millman, Sam Bisbee, Tom Conigliaro and Erika Hampson are executive producing. Production is set to begin next month in New Orleans.
Nicolas Cage To Topline ‘The Runner’
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Team
- 'MythBusters' Chops Three To Take Show Back To Its Roots
- Alicia Witt Signs With Innovative Artists & The Schiff Company
- Ghost-Hunter Drama Set To Haunt BBC America & BBC One
- 'Sleepy Hollow' Heads To Hulu Plus
- Courtney B. Vance & James Remar Join 'State Of Affairs'; Jennifer Healy Takes 'Selfie'
- Relativity Teams With Jonathan Goldstein and John Francis Daley On 'All Day And A Night'