Nicolas Cage is set to star as an idealistic but flawed New Orleans congressman in Austin Stark‘s (Infinitely Polar Bear) The Runner. Stark makes his directorial debut in the film set in the aftermath of the tragic 2010 BP oil spill. Cage stars as New Orleans congressman Colin Price, who is forced to confront his dysfunctional life after his career is destroyed by a sex scandal. Stark also wrote and produces The Runner, a Paper Street Films and Back Lot Pictures production. Also producing are Benji Kohn, Bingo Gubelmann, and Chris Papavasiliou for Paper Street and Glenn Williamson for Back Lot. Ruth Mutch, Noah Millman, Sam Bisbee, Tom Conigliaro and Erika Hampson are executive producing. Production is set to begin next month in New Orleans.
Nicolas Cage To Topline ‘The Runner’
What's Hot on Deadline
Shania Twain Clarifies Comments On Supporting Trump, Says She's "Passionately Against Discrimination"
Stormy Daniels' Lawyer Says Relationship Between Cohen And Hannity "Far More Extensive" Than People Believe
'Smallville' Actress Allison Mack Arrested In Sex Trafficking Scheme, Faces 15 Years To Life If Convicted
'Sharp Objects' Trailer Gives A Chilling First Look At Amy Adams In HBO Adaptation Of Gillian Flynn Novel
Latest Film News
- ‘The King’s Speech’ & ‘Wolf Hall’ Financier Hindsight Splashes On Sci-Fi Spec ‘Anima…
- Deadline Studio at Tribeca 2018 – Part 2: John Legend, Jeffrey Wright, Alia Shawkat, Jay Ellis & More
- Andrea Nevins Documents Moment Of Barbie’s Transformation With ‘Tiny Shoulders’ — Tribeca Studio
- ‘Rampage’ Rounds $216M Overseas; ‘A Quiet Place’ Cranks WW Volume To $207M – International Box…
- ‘The Caretaker’ Filmmakers Launch VR Company Hidden Content At Tribeca
- Sarasota Film Festival Caps 20th Anniversary Edition With Jury Prizes For ‘I Am Not A Witch’ And ‘Minding The Gap…