Have you noticed how very few recastings there had been this pilot season? If I’m not missing something, CBS’ How I Met Your Dad was the only pilot to recast a major character after the table read this year, with Tiya Sircar joining. I hear the studios implemented pre-table reads and introduced other procedural tweaks that greatly reduced the number of cast changes. That also applies to the newly picked up series. One recasting that is going forward is on NBC‘s midseason comedy series Mission Control. A workplace ensemble set in 1962, Mission Control, from Universal TV and producer Will Ferrell and Adam McKay, examines what happens when a strong woman (Krysten Ritter) butts heads with a macho astronaut in the race to land on the moon. The project is recasting the role of Bus, a handsome, jockish, stubborn and loudly likeable NASA astronaut. It was played in the pilot by Michael Rosenbaum.
NBC’s ‘Mission Control’ To Recast Character As Pilot Recastings Drop Dramatically
What's Hot on Deadline
More From Andreeva
- Bryan Cranston & David Shore’s 'Sneaky Pete' Civil Rights Crime Drama From Rene Balcer Get CBS Pilot Orders
- Johnny Knoxville, Jermaine Fowler Projects, NBA Buddy Show Among 7 ABC Comedy Pilot Orders
- ABC Picks Up 4 Drama Pilots
- Busy Philipps Joins HBO Comedy Series 'Vice Principals'
- Medical Drama ‘LFE’ Gets CBS Pilot Order
- Idina Menzel To Star In ‘Happy Time’ Comedy Produced By Ellen DeGeneres