Have you noticed how very few recastings there had been this pilot season? If I’m not missing something, CBS’ How I Met Your Dad was the only pilot to recast a major character after the table read this year, with Tiya Sircar joining. I hear the studios implemented pre-table reads and introduced other procedural tweaks that greatly reduced the number of cast changes. That also applies to the newly picked up series. One recasting that is going forward is on NBC‘s midseason comedy series Mission Control. A workplace ensemble set in 1962, Mission Control, from Universal TV and producer Will Ferrell and Adam McKay, examines what happens when a strong woman (Krysten Ritter) butts heads with a macho astronaut in the race to land on the moon. The project is recasting the role of Bus, a handsome, jockish, stubborn and loudly likeable NASA astronaut. It was played in the pilot by Michael Rosenbaum.
NBC’s ‘Mission Control’ To Recast Character As Pilot Recastings Drop Dramatically
What's Hot on Deadline
'Latin Lover' Sets $12M Pantelion Record, 'Baahubali 2' Mighty With $10M+, 'Circle' Is A Square As 'F8' Leads Listless Weekend
'Fate Of The Furious' Drives Past $1B At Worldwide Box Office; Tops 'Furious 7' For New China Record
Latest TV News
- WGA & AMPTP: Rare Sunday Talks “Moving Closer” To Deal
- Morning After: Samantha Bee Shrugs Off Jake Tapper’s “Smug Liberal” Question
- Samantha Bee’s Not the White House Correspondents Dinner Serves Trump Roast
- White House Correspondents’ Dinner Live Blog: Who Needs Donald Trump?
- White House Correspondents’ Dinner Livestream – Watch It Here
- Donald Trump Blasts Hollywood & Media Elites At “Boring” POTUS Snubbed WHCD