Have you noticed how very few recastings there had been this pilot season? If I’m not missing something, CBS’ How I Met Your Dad was the only pilot to recast a major character after the table read this year, with Tiya Sircar joining. I hear the studios implemented pre-table reads and introduced other procedural tweaks that greatly reduced the number of cast changes. That also applies to the newly picked up series. One recasting that is going forward is on NBC‘s midseason comedy series Mission Control. A workplace ensemble set in 1962, Mission Control, from Universal TV and producer Will Ferrell and Adam McKay, examines what happens when a strong woman (Krysten Ritter) butts heads with a macho astronaut in the race to land on the moon. The project is recasting the role of Bus, a handsome, jockish, stubborn and loudly likeable NASA astronaut. It was played in the pilot by Michael Rosenbaum.
NBC’s ‘Mission Control’ To Recast Character As Pilot Recastings Drop Dramatically
Trending Now on Deadline
Tina Fey & Robert Carlock's 'Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt' Moves From NBC To Netflix With 2-Season Pickup
More From Andreeva
- SVP Alternative Among Several Eliminated Positions At CW
- Nora Arnezeder To Co-Star In 'Zoo'; Christian Campbell Joins 'True Detective'
- Paul Dano To Co-Star In Steve McQueen's HBO Pilot 'Codes Of Conduct'
- 'Jump Start' Comic Strip To Be Adapted As Family Comedy For Fox
- Resolution's Cynthia Booth & Emma Lewis Join Don Buchwald & Associates
- Tina Fey & Robert Carlock's 'Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt' Moves From NBC To Netflix With 2-Season Pickup