Have you noticed how very few recastings there had been this pilot season? If I’m not missing something, CBS’ How I Met Your Dad was the only pilot to recast a major character after the table read this year, with Tiya Sircar joining. I hear the studios implemented pre-table reads and introduced other procedural tweaks that greatly reduced the number of cast changes. That also applies to the newly picked up series. One recasting that is going forward is on NBC‘s midseason comedy series Mission Control. A workplace ensemble set in 1962, Mission Control, from Universal TV and producer Will Ferrell and Adam McKay, examines what happens when a strong woman (Krysten Ritter) butts heads with a macho astronaut in the race to land on the moon. The project is recasting the role of Bus, a handsome, jockish, stubborn and loudly likeable NASA astronaut. It was played in the pilot by Michael Rosenbaum.
NBC’s ‘Mission Control’ To Recast Character As Pilot Recastings Drop Dramatically
What's Hot on Deadline
Emma Stone On 'La La Land' & 'Moonlight' Best Picture Snafu: "I Was Holding The Best Actress Card The Entire Time"
Latest TV News
- Oscars: Donald Trump Dominates Until Best Picture Snafu Steals Spotlight
- Oscars TV Review: Stellar Show Spoiled By Best Picture Fiasco
- Kimmel Tweets To Donald Trump During Oscars
- Jimmy Kimmel Taunts Donald Trump In Political Oscars Opening Monologue – Watch
- Last Week Not In Sweden: Bill O’Reilly To Address Nils Bildt Mystery; Twitter Doesn’t Wait
- Joseph Wapner Dies: ‘People’s Court’ Judge Was 97