Have you noticed how very few recastings there had been this pilot season? If I’m not missing something, CBS’ How I Met Your Dad was the only pilot to recast a major character after the table read this year, with Tiya Sircar joining. I hear the studios implemented pre-table reads and introduced other procedural tweaks that greatly reduced the number of cast changes. That also applies to the newly picked up series. One recasting that is going forward is on NBC‘s midseason comedy series Mission Control. A workplace ensemble set in 1962, Mission Control, from Universal TV and producer Will Ferrell and Adam McKay, examines what happens when a strong woman (Krysten Ritter) butts heads with a macho astronaut in the race to land on the moon. The project is recasting the role of Bus, a handsome, jockish, stubborn and loudly likeable NASA astronaut. It was played in the pilot by Michael Rosenbaum.
NBC’s ‘Mission Control’ To Recast Character As Pilot Recastings Drop Dramatically
What's Hot on Deadline
'Fifty Shades' Dominant With $277M WW; 'La La' Lands $200M+ Overseas; 'XXX' Tops In China - International Box Office
John Oliver: Donald Trump Tyrannizes TV News Week With "Bat-Sh*t Crazy" News Conference, Terrorism-In-Sweden Speech
Latest TV News
- SAG-AFTRA Disputes Trump's Claim That News Media Is "Enemy Of The American People"
- Donald Trump Recruits H.R. McMaster As National Security Adviser
- NBA All-Star Game Nets 7.8 Million Total Viewers Across TNT & TBS
- Milo Yiannopoulos Uninvited From Keynoting At Conservative Confab In Washington
- Keith Cox To Be Promoted To President Of Development For The Paramount Network & TV Land, Sharon Levy Expected To Exit
- Susannah Flood Joins ABC’s Shondaland Pilot; Swoosie Kurtz In ‘Charlie Foxtrot’