UPDATED: Following the big ratings success of The Sound Of Music Live! last December, NBC in January set a live production of Peter Pan as its next event musical. With that project in the casting stages, NBC has lined up a third live musical production, The Music Man, for 2015, the network’s chairman Bob Greenblatt announced at the NBC upfront presentation today. No details were given though I hear the network is looking to bring in prolific producers Craig Zadan and Neil Meron to shepherd the project. The duo is behind NBC’s hugely successful Sound Of Music special and they are also are attached to Peter Pan. Additionally, Zadan and Meron know The Music Man musical very well as they produced the previous TV adaptation for ABC in 2003 starring Matthew Broderick and Kristin Chenoweth. I hear there is no deal in place and making one would a subject to a number of factors, including scheduling. Zadan and Meron have a lot on their plate. In addition to Peter Pan, they are returning again as Oscar producers. The 1957 Broadway The Music Man musical tells the tale of “Professor” Harold Hill, a conman musical instrument salesman who falls for a local librarian.
NBC Sets ‘The Music Man’ Live Production; Craig Zadan & Neil Meron Eyed To Produce
What's Hot on Deadline
Hollywood Cowardice: George Clooney Explains Why Sony Stood Alone In North Korean Cyberterror Attack
More From Andreeva
- Marvel Confirms Mike Colter As Luke Cage In 'Jessica Jones' Netflix Series
- Female Navy SEALs Drama Set At Fox With Basil Iwanyk Producing
- 'Saturday Night Live' Ratings On Par With Host Amy Adams
- Veronica Osorio Inks Talent Deal With Fox
- ABC Buys FBI Drama Produced By Jordan Kerner
- David Schwimmer To Play Robert Kardashian In FX's 'American Crime Story: People Vs. O.J.'