UPDATED: Following the big ratings success of The Sound Of Music Live! last December, NBC in January set a live production of Peter Pan as its next event musical. With that project in the casting stages, NBC has lined up a third live musical production, The Music Man, for 2015, the network’s chairman Bob Greenblatt announced at the NBC upfront presentation today. No details were given though I hear the network is looking to bring in prolific producers Craig Zadan and Neil Meron to shepherd the project. The duo is behind NBC’s hugely successful Sound Of Music special and they are also are attached to Peter Pan. Additionally, Zadan and Meron know The Music Man musical very well as they produced the previous TV adaptation for ABC in 2003 starring Matthew Broderick and Kristin Chenoweth. I hear there is no deal in place and making one would a subject to a number of factors, including scheduling. Zadan and Meron have a lot on their plate. In addition to Peter Pan, they are returning again as Oscar producers. The 1957 Broadway The Music Man musical tells the tale of “Professor” Harold Hill, a conman musical instrument salesman who falls for a local librarian.
NBC Sets ‘The Music Man’ Live Production; Craig Zadan & Neil Meron Eyed To Produce
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Andreeva
- BOOM! Studios Inks First-Look Deal With 20th Century Fox TV
- Kevin Frazier Moves From 'The Insider' To 'ET'; Louis Aguirre To Replace Him
- Rachel Brosnahan To Star In CBS Miniseries 'The Dovekeepers'
- NBC Cancels 'Working The Engels'
- Fox Buys Sibling Rivalry Comedy From Dana Klein With Put Pilot Commitment
- Showtime Renews 'Ray Donovan' & 'Masters Of Sex' For Third Season