UPDATED: Following the big ratings success of The Sound Of Music Live! last December, NBC in January set a live production of Peter Pan as its next event musical. With that project in the casting stages, NBC has lined up a third live musical production, The Music Man, for 2015, the network’s chairman Bob Greenblatt announced at the NBC upfront presentation today. No details were given though I hear the network is looking to bring in prolific producers Craig Zadan and Neil Meron to shepherd the project. The duo is behind NBC’s hugely successful Sound Of Music special and they are also are attached to Peter Pan. Additionally, Zadan and Meron know The Music Man musical very well as they produced the previous TV adaptation for ABC in 2003 starring Matthew Broderick and Kristin Chenoweth. I hear there is no deal in place and making one would a subject to a number of factors, including scheduling. Zadan and Meron have a lot on their plate. In addition to Peter Pan, they are returning again as Oscar producers. The 1957 Broadway The Music Man musical tells the tale of “Professor” Harold Hill, a conman musical instrument salesman who falls for a local librarian.
NBC Sets ‘The Music Man’ Live Production; Craig Zadan & Neil Meron Eyed To Produce
What's Hot on Deadline
Latest TV News
- Why Does Time Warner Want To Sell To AT&T, And What Will It Mean For Media?
- ‘24: Legacy’ Adds Raphael Acloque & Themo Melikidze
- ‘Serial’ Suspect Adnan Syed Requests Release While Awaiting New Trial
- Fox Buys Legal Dramedy From Carter Covington, Robin Schiff & Jason Winer
- Lady Gaga ‘Carpool Karaoke’ Hits ‘Late Late Show With James Corden’ This Week
- CBS Buys Spy Drama ‘Sentinels’ From Trio Of ‘Scorpion’ Producers