After picking up dramas The Mysteries Of Laura and Constantine from Warner Bros TV, NBC is moving to comedy orders, staying at WBTV with the first one, A To Z. The romantic comedy joins fellow early frontrunner Marry Me, picked up on Tuesday, on the list of new NBC comedy series. A To Z marks the first series order for WBTV-based producers Rashida Jones and Will McCormack in their first development season. As an actress, Jones stars in TBS’ Angie Tribeca, which was picked up to series yesterday. Written/exec produced by Ben Queen and exec produced by Jones and McCormack, A To Z is whimsical romantic comedy set in the world of an online dating company that details the “A to Z’s” of a relationship, from meeting to breakup. Cristin Milioti, who played the mother on How I Met Your Mother, and Ben Feldman star. UPDATE: No more comedy pickups for now, possibly done for the day.
NBC Picks Up Comedy ‘A To Z’ To Series
What's Hot on Deadline
Hollywood Cowardice: George Clooney Explains Why Sony Stood Alone In North Korean Cyberterror Attack
More From Andreeva
- Veronica Osorio Inks Talent Deal With Fox
- ABC Buys FBI Drama Produced By Jordan Kerner
- David Schwimmer To Play Robert Kardashian In FX's 'American Crime Story: People Vs. O.J.'
- Sarah Jessica Parker Poised To Star In HBO Divorce Comedy Pilot
- Ernie Hudson To Play Poseidon On 'Once Upon a Time'
- Christina Aguilera-Produced Dramedy, Twitter-Based Comedy, Shakespeare-Themed Drama On Prospect Park's Slate