After picking up dramas The Mysteries Of Laura and Constantine from Warner Bros TV, NBC is moving to comedy orders, staying at WBTV with the first one, A To Z. The romantic comedy joins fellow early frontrunner Marry Me, picked up on Tuesday, on the list of new NBC comedy series. A To Z marks the first series order for WBTV-based producers Rashida Jones and Will McCormack in their first development season. As an actress, Jones stars in TBS’ Angie Tribeca, which was picked up to series yesterday. Written/exec produced by Ben Queen and exec produced by Jones and McCormack, A To Z is whimsical romantic comedy set in the world of an online dating company that details the “A to Z’s” of a relationship, from meeting to breakup. Cristin Milioti, who played the mother on How I Met Your Mother, and Ben Feldman star. UPDATE: No more comedy pickups for now, possibly done for the day.
NBC Picks Up Comedy ‘A To Z’ To Series
What's Hot on Deadline
More From Andreeva
- Parminder Nagra Cast In ABC Pilot ‘The Kingmakers’
- Matthew Lillard To Star In ‘Problem Child’ NBC Pilot
- ‘True Blood’s Rutina Wesley To Star In ‘Broad Squad’, More ABC Pilots Add Cast
- NBC Picks Up Sniper Miniseries ‘The Reaper’ From Weinstein Co.
- Martha Plimpton To Star In Dan Savage ABC Pilot ‘Family of the Year’
- Christina Vidal To Star In ‘The Curse Of the Fuentes Women’ Pilot, Daphne Rubin-Vega Also Cast