After picking up dramas The Mysteries Of Laura and Constantine from Warner Bros TV, NBC is moving to comedy orders, staying at WBTV with the first one, A To Z. The romantic comedy joins fellow early frontrunner Marry Me, picked up on Tuesday, on the list of new NBC comedy series. A To Z marks the first series order for WBTV-based producers Rashida Jones and Will McCormack in their first development season. As an actress, Jones stars in TBS’ Angie Tribeca, which was picked up to series yesterday. Written/exec produced by Ben Queen and exec produced by Jones and McCormack, A To Z is whimsical romantic comedy set in the world of an online dating company that details the “A to Z’s” of a relationship, from meeting to breakup. Cristin Milioti, who played the mother on How I Met Your Mother, and Ben Feldman star. UPDATE: No more comedy pickups for now, possibly done for the day.
NBC Picks Up Comedy ‘A To Z’ To Series
What's Hot on Deadline
'Tomorrowland,' 'Pitch Perfect' Battling For No. 1; 'Mad Max' Holds Strong; 'Ultron' To Cross $400M - Box Office Saturday
TLC "Deeply Saddened" As It Pulls All Episodes of '19 Kids And Counting' In Wake Of Child Molestation Allegations - Update
'Jurassic World' Tracking Like 'Man Of Steel' - But How Many $100M+ Openings After That In Summer 2015?
Latest TV News
- Marty Pasetta Dies: Longtime Director Of Academy Awards Telecasts Was 82
- ‘X-Factor’ Producers Hit With $2M Lawsuit By Contestant; Says Performance Was “Altered”
- Showrunner Jennie Snyder Urman On Almost Passing On ‘Jane The Virgin’, Pace, Title Change & How Will It End
- ‘Fuller’ Brush-Off: Olsens Won’t Head Home For ‘Full House’ Sequel
- Melissa McCarthy Staying At CAA
- UP Orders ‘Last Hope With Troy Dunn’ To Series