After spending the day crunching numbers and trying to work with the reduced tax incentives in Tennessee, ABC has renewed country music drama Nashville, from Lionsgate TV and ABC Studios, for a 22-episode third season. Nashville is an expensive drama with big-ticket talent like Connie Britton and Hayden Panettiere. While it has developed a devoted following and has been a solid DVR performer, Nashville‘s ratings have been modest. That paired with Tennessee’s vote to cut by two-thirds the tax benefits previously set aside for the show, which films in Nashville, gave Lionsgate and ABC Studios a difficult time, trying to make the show work financially. I hear the plan is to keep the show in Nashville contingent on the state getting the tax incentives at a proper level.
ABC’s ‘Nashville’ Renewed For Third Season
Trending Now on Deadline
'Black-ish', 'Grey's Anatomy', 'Castle', 'The Goldbergs', 'Modern Family', 'Once Upon A Time' & Others Get Extra Episodes At ABC
More From Andreeva
- TBS Orders 'Wrecked' Deserted Island Comedy Pilot That Echoes 'Lost'
- Peter Jacobson, Alex Neustaedter & Gonzalo Menendez Join USA Pilot 'Colony'
- 'Black-ish', 'Grey's Anatomy', 'Castle', 'The Goldbergs', 'Modern Family', 'Once Upon A Time' & Others Get Extra Episodes At ABC
- Mark Gordon Co. To Adapt Novel 'Plus One', Revisit 'True Blue' For ABC
- Elizabeth Banks To Produce & Direct ABC Comedy From Caroline Williams
- Ex-NBA Star Baron Davis Gets Comedy About His Life Produced By Jake Johnson