After spending the day crunching numbers and trying to work with the reduced tax incentives in Tennessee, ABC has renewed country music drama Nashville, from Lionsgate TV and ABC Studios, for a 22-episode third season. Nashville is an expensive drama with big-ticket talent like Connie Britton and Hayden Panettiere. While it has developed a devoted following and has been a solid DVR performer, Nashville‘s ratings have been modest. That paired with Tennessee’s vote to cut by two-thirds the tax benefits previously set aside for the show, which films in Nashville, gave Lionsgate and ABC Studios a difficult time, trying to make the show work financially. I hear the plan is to keep the show in Nashville contingent on the state getting the tax incentives at a proper level.
ABC’s ‘Nashville’ Renewed For Third Season
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Andreeva
- ABC Buys Medical Thriller From Janine Sherman Barrois & Aaron Kaplan
- Bob Cooper, EOne Prep Post-Apocalyptic Event Series With Book Acquisition
- Fox Buys Detective Drama Based On Australian Miniseries 'Jack Irish'
- 'The Greatest American Hero' Gets Fox Remake With Phil Lord & Chris Miller
- Jennifer Johnson Exiting 'The Following' As Showrunner, Trio Takes Over
- Enver Gjokaj & Chad Michael Murray Cast In ABC Series 'Marvel's Agent Carter'