After spending the day crunching numbers and trying to work with the reduced tax incentives in Tennessee, ABC has renewed country music drama Nashville, from Lionsgate TV and ABC Studios, for a 22-episode third season. Nashville is an expensive drama with big-ticket talent like Connie Britton and Hayden Panettiere. While it has developed a devoted following and has been a solid DVR performer, Nashville‘s ratings have been modest. That paired with Tennessee’s vote to cut by two-thirds the tax benefits previously set aside for the show, which films in Nashville, gave Lionsgate and ABC Studios a difficult time, trying to make the show work financially. I hear the plan is to keep the show in Nashville contingent on the state getting the tax incentives at a proper level.
ABC’s ‘Nashville’ Renewed For Third Season
What's Hot on Deadline
Stephen Colbert Feels "Blessed" By Donald Trump's Pick Of Potty-Mouth Scaramucci As Communications Chief
'Devil's Bargain': Blumhouse TV Acquires Book About Steve Bannon & Donald Trump For Limited Series Adaptation
Mario Cantone Debuts As Potty-Mouth White House Communications Director Anthony Scaramucci On 'The President Show'
Latest TV News
- ‘Superstore’ Casts Kelly Stables; Usman Ally Joins ‘Suits’
- Anthony Scaramucci Might Attend Politicon Confab After All
- ‘The Night Shift’ Ratings Hit Season High; ‘Big Brother’ & CBS Top Night
- ‘Secret Life Of Muslims’ Web Series Returns For Season 2 With Funding Push
- 'My Dinner With Hervé': Mark Povinelli & Helena Mattsson Join Cast Of HBO Movie
- ‘Transparent’ Season 4 Trailer: Maura & Family Head To Israel