MTV has handed out a cast-contingent pilot order to an untitled comedy project penned by young writers/performers Paul O’Toole and Andy St. Clair (Comedy Central’s Brickleberry). It centers on a 22-year-old Andy, who after catching his girlfriend cheating on him, accidentally rear-ends a celebrity, who takes pity on Andy and sets out to teach him how to man up. The pilot green light is contingent on casting the celebrity. O’Toole and St. Clair co-executive produce with Odenkirk Provissiero executive producing. Writing partners O’Toole and St. Clair both hail from Chicago where they met in the improv scene. (They’ve both have trained at Second City.) O’Toole and St. Clair most recently worked on Denis Leary’s USA comedy Sirens which is set in Chicago. The newly picked up project was their first script together that they sold. MTV took it in last year.
MTV Orders Cast-Contingent Comedy Pilot
What's Hot on Deadline
No Obama Bounce For DNC Day 3 Ratings As They Fall Behind RNC, 'Wayward Pines' Finale Down From 2015
Venice Film Festival: Lido To Launch Pics From Ford, Gibson, Malick & More As Awards Season Starts To Buzz - Full List
Bill O'Reilly Defends Comments That Slaves Who Built The White House Were "Well-Fed And Had Decent Lodging" - Update
Latest TV News
- Hillary Clinton Rips Donald Trump For “Bigotry & Bombast” In DNC Speech
- Hollywood Reacts To Hillary Clinton DNC Speech: Making History Leads Way Amid Jokes & Jibes
- Watch Tonight's Hillary Clinton DNC Video By ‘Scandal’ EPs
- PBS’ ‘The Talk’ Panel: The Issue Of Police Violence Front And Center – TCA
- Corporate Lawyers: Best Friend To Stephen Colbert Fans?
- ‘Command And Control’ Trailer: Inside One Of The Cold War’s Tensest Moments – TCA