MTV has handed out a cast-contingent pilot order to an untitled comedy project penned by young writers/performers Paul O’Toole and Andy St. Clair (Comedy Central’s Brickleberry). It centers on a 22-year-old Andy, who after catching his girlfriend cheating on him, accidentally rear-ends a celebrity, who takes pity on Andy and sets out to teach him how to man up. The pilot green light is contingent on casting the celebrity. O’Toole and St. Clair co-executive produce with Odenkirk Provissiero executive producing. Writing partners O’Toole and St. Clair both hail from Chicago where they met in the improv scene. (They’ve both have trained at Second City.) O’Toole and St. Clair most recently worked on Denis Leary’s USA comedy Sirens which is set in Chicago. The newly picked up project was their first script together that they sold. MTV took it in last year.
MTV Orders Cast-Contingent Comedy Pilot
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Andreeva
- NBC Buys Legal Drama From Matt Lopez & John Glenn
- Julianna Margulies Inks Production Deal With CBS Studios
- 'Hand Of God' To Go To Series, Two Others Likely As Amazon Studios Starts Making Series Pickup Decisions
- ABC Nabs 1970s Female Cop Drama From Fake Empire & Kapital Entertainment As Put Pilot
- 'Rush Hour' To Be Remade As Action Series From Bill Lawrence & Brett Ratner
- Yvonne Strahovski To Co-Star In ABC's 'Astronaut Wives Club'