MTV has handed out a cast-contingent pilot order to an untitled comedy project penned by young writers/performers Paul O’Toole and Andy St. Clair (Comedy Central’s Brickleberry). It centers on a 22-year-old Andy, who after catching his girlfriend cheating on him, accidentally rear-ends a celebrity, who takes pity on Andy and sets out to teach him how to man up. The pilot green light is contingent on casting the celebrity. O’Toole and St. Clair co-executive produce with Odenkirk Provissiero executive producing. Writing partners O’Toole and St. Clair both hail from Chicago where they met in the improv scene. (They’ve both have trained at Second City.) O’Toole and St. Clair most recently worked on Denis Leary’s USA comedy Sirens which is set in Chicago. The newly picked up project was their first script together that they sold. MTV took it in last year.
MTV Orders Cast-Contingent Comedy Pilot
What's Hot on Deadline
Bill Maher Under Gun Over Late-'90s Video Condoning Sex Between 33-Year-Old Teacher And 12-Year-Old Student
Latest TV News
- ‘How To Get Away With Murder’ Season Finale: Killer Revealed, New Puzzle Posed
- Stephen Colbert Opens ‘Late Show’ With Message To Donald Trump From Bathroom Signs
- ‘Nashville’ Star Exits After Plot Twist On CMT Country Music Drama Series
- ‘Tonight Show’ Reveals How Donald Trump’s Staff Gathers Flattering News Footage
- Caitlyn Jenner Scolds Donald Trump For Revoking Transgender Protections – Update
- Lea Michele Cast In ABC Mayor Comedy Pilot; What About ‘Scream Queens’?