The Academy Of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences‘ new weekly video series Academy Originals launched today with three episodes. The digital documentary-style video series will examine everything from the creative process, to the moments that changed the course of filmmaking, to the artists who are charting its future. Here’s a look at one of three episodes that debuted today: Let’s Go To The Movies With Patton Oswalt, which follows the comedian/actor/movie fanatic who is offered the opportunity to screen any film from the Academy Film Archive and analyze it with comedian Karen Kilgariff. Original episodes will be available every Monday from the Academy’s digital team, which will draw on the expertise of the organization’s membership and collection of archival material. Here’s the Oswalt bit focusing on the noir classic Blast Of Silence:
Movie Academy Hatches Weekly Video Series: Video
What's Hot on Deadline
DGA Awards: Alejandro G. Iñárritu Wins Feature Film Award For 'The Revenant'; HBO Cleans Up With Wins For 'Game Of Thrones', 'Veep' & 'Bessie' - Full List
'Kung Fu Panda 3' Does Touchdown Dance With $21M As Super Bowl Weekend Slaughters 'Zombies', 'Choice': Sunday B.O.
DGA Awards: Inarritu's Big Win Gives Momentum To 'Revenant' But Keeps Best Picture Race In The Undecided Column
'Revenant', 'Martian' & More In Global Milestones; 'Kung Fu Panda' Tops $100M In China - Intl Box Office Update
'Star Wars: The Force Awakens' Reaches Unprecedented Height At Domestic B.O. With $900M, $2B Worldwide
Latest Film News
- ‘X-Men: Apocalypse’ Super Bowl Trailer: Blue People Attack Each Other
- ‘Independence Day: Resurgence’ Super Bowl Trailer
- ‘Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles 2’ Super Bowl Trailer: No Sleep Til Brooklyn
- ‘Jason Bourne’ Super Bowl Teaser: Short, Sweet, Punching
- ‘The Jungle Book’ Super Bowl Spot: Multi-Media In The Rain Forest
- ’10 Cloverfield Lane’ Super Bowl Trailer: Kind Of Like ‘Close Encounters’?