Maybe hell won’t have to freeze over before you hear the words, ‘and the Oscar goes to Transformers: Age Of Extinction.‘ Paramount and director Michael Bay have gotten the Grammy-winning band Imagine Dragons to contribute original songs to the movie. The band was given footage from the film and wrote the tune Battle Cry, which figures into several sequences of the film, and Imagine Dragons contributed other original music, working with the film’s composer Steve Jablonsky. The band has also been set to perform live at the movie’s World Premiere in Hong Kong on June 19. I noticed during the premiere of Amazing Spider-Man 2 that Sony made a big production out of getting an original song from Alicia Keys. Didn’t make much of a stir, but it seems like tent pole-makers are doing whatever they can to squeeze in the possibility of any Oscar love. It will be interesting to see if these bands will want to do the rubber chicken awards season tour. Earlier this year, Bono and The Edge were everywhere, stumping for the song U2 wrote and performed for Mandela: The Long Walk To Freedom, only to lose to the animated film Frozen. If nothing else, Imagine Dragons fans should be happy with strong musical accompaniment as Bay blows shit up.
Michael Bay Gets Imagine Dragons To Contribute Original ‘Transformers’ Tunes
What's Hot on Deadline
Shania Twain Clarifies Comments On Supporting Trump, Says She's "Passionately Against Discrimination"
Stormy Daniels' Lawyer Says Relationship Between Cohen And Hannity "Far More Extensive" Than People Believe
Will Big Chain Exhibitors Bypass MoviePass & Create Their Own Monthly Movie Ticket Clubs? - CinemaCon
'Smallville' Actress Allison Mack Arrested In Sex Trafficking Scheme, Faces 15 Years To Life If Convicted
Latest Film News
- NAGRA Teams With Cinema Buying Group-NATO For myCinema – CinemaCon
- ‘Song Of Back And Neck’ Tribeca First Look: Paul Lieberstein Makes Adjustment To Directing Movies
- Social Platform Atom Tickets Adds Harkins And Eight More Exhibitors
- Cannes Classics: Orson Welles Doc, ‘Bicycle Thieves’, ‘Big Blue’, ‘Grease’…
- Aviron Capital Backs Interactive Movie App Developer Kino Industries
- Pixar Animator Domee Shi Tackles Empty Nest Syndrome With ‘Incredibles 2’-Opening ‘Bao’…