Maybe hell won’t have to freeze over before you hear the words, ‘and the Oscar goes to Transformers: Age Of Extinction.‘ Paramount and director Michael Bay have gotten the Grammy-winning band Imagine Dragons to contribute original songs to the movie. The band was given footage from the film and wrote the tune Battle Cry, which figures into several sequences of the film, and Imagine Dragons contributed other original music, working with the film’s composer Steve Jablonsky. The band has also been set to perform live at the movie’s World Premiere in Hong Kong on June 19. I noticed during the premiere of Amazing Spider-Man 2 that Sony made a big production out of getting an original song from Alicia Keys. Didn’t make much of a stir, but it seems like tent pole-makers are doing whatever they can to squeeze in the possibility of any Oscar love. It will be interesting to see if these bands will want to do the rubber chicken awards season tour. Earlier this year, Bono and The Edge were everywhere, stumping for the song U2 wrote and performed for Mandela: The Long Walk To Freedom, only to lose to the animated film Frozen. If nothing else, Imagine Dragons fans should be happy with strong musical accompaniment as Bay blows shit up.
Michael Bay Gets Imagine Dragons To Contribute Original ‘Transformers’ Tunes
What's Hot on Deadline
'Captain America: Civil War' To Break Out In The U.S.; Looks To Defeat 'Ultron's $191M+ Debut - Box Office Preview
'Captain America: Civil War' Grabs $200.4M In Debut; 'Jungle Book' A Beast, And With 'Zootopia' Disney Has $1.24B From Three Titles - Int'l Box Office Final
Donald Trump Drums Ted Cruz Out Of Race, Praises Him As "One Hell Of A Competitor" with "Amazing Future"
Latest Film News
- Kevin Dillon & DeRon Horton Planted As Leads In ‘Dirt’
- Arnold Schwarzenegger Is Target In ‘Why We’re Killing Gunther’
- ‘Diary Of An Oxygen Thief’ Sells To S&S Imprint Gallery After Gotham Group Buys Screen Rights
- FilmRise Grabs Global Rights to SXSW Thriller ‘My Father Die’; Kino Lorber’s Sol Y Luna Acquires ‘Lucha Mexico…
- ‘A Bigger Splash’ Review: Sex, Seduction, Rock ‘N’ Roll & Naked Stars – Do We Have Your…
- Dascha Polanco Lands Female Lead In ‘iCreep’; Ingjerd Egeberg Joins ‘Downsizing’