Top TV lit agent, UTA partner and TV department head Matt Rice has been named a member of the agency’s Board of Directors. He joins fellow Board members Peter Benedek, chairman Jim Berkus, Tracey Jacobs, managing director David Kramer, managing director Jay Sures and chief executive officer Jeremy Zimmer. As a member of the board, Rice will have increased management responsibilities. He also will continue to run UTA’s scripted television department alongside Sures. “Matt’s contributions are everything we hope for from a partner and a board member,” the UTA Board of Directors said in a joint statement. “He is a wildly productive agent, a concerned and supportive mentor, and a terrific leader.” Rice has been at UTA for more than a decade, since November, 2002, when he joined as a TV lit agent. He was promoted to partner two years later, in 2004, and named head of the TV department in 2008. Before UTA, Rice spent six years at Broder Webb Chervin Silbermann.
Matt Rice Joins UTA Board Of Directors
What's Hot on Deadline
Latest TV News
- Harold Lloyd Pics To Be Animated; INTV Adds Li Ruigang Keynote – Global Briefs
- Seth Meyers: Donald Trump’s Past Few Years In Office Have Only Been One Month
- ‘Timeless’ Season Finale: Shawn Ryan On Big Twist & Reset For Potential Season 2
- ‘Timeless’ Awaits Renewal Decision By NBC As Season 1 Ends: Is It Out Of Time?
- Conan O’Brien Makes Guest Appearance On Mexican Telenovela ‘Mi Adorable Maldición’
- Brenda Buttner Dies: Fox News ‘Bulls And Bears’ Host Was 55