Top TV lit agent, UTA partner and TV department head Matt Rice has been named a member of the agency’s Board of Directors. He joins fellow Board members Peter Benedek, chairman Jim Berkus, Tracey Jacobs, managing director David Kramer, managing director Jay Sures and chief executive officer Jeremy Zimmer. As a member of the board, Rice will have increased management responsibilities. He also will continue to run UTA’s scripted television department alongside Sures. “Matt’s contributions are everything we hope for from a partner and a board member,” the UTA Board of Directors said in a joint statement. “He is a wildly productive agent, a concerned and supportive mentor, and a terrific leader.” Rice has been at UTA for more than a decade, since November, 2002, when he joined as a TV lit agent. He was promoted to partner two years later, in 2004, and named head of the TV department in 2008. Before UTA, Rice spent six years at Broder Webb Chervin Silbermann.
Matt Rice Joins UTA Board Of Directors
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Andreeva
- Raycom Media TV Stations Blacked Out By DirecTV In Carriage Dispute
- ABC Buys Medical Thriller From Janine Sherman Barrois & Aaron Kaplan
- Bob Cooper, EOne Prep Post-Apocalyptic Event Series With Book Acquisition
- Fox Buys Detective Drama Based On Australian Miniseries 'Jack Irish'
- 'The Greatest American Hero' Gets Fox Remake With Phil Lord & Chris Miller
- Jennifer Johnson Exiting 'The Following' As Showrunner, Trio Takes Over