Top TV lit agent, UTA partner and TV department head Matt Rice has been named a member of the agency’s Board of Directors. He joins fellow Board members Peter Benedek, chairman Jim Berkus, Tracey Jacobs, managing director David Kramer, managing director Jay Sures and chief executive officer Jeremy Zimmer. As a member of the board, Rice will have increased management responsibilities. He also will continue to run UTA’s scripted television department alongside Sures. “Matt’s contributions are everything we hope for from a partner and a board member,” the UTA Board of Directors said in a joint statement. “He is a wildly productive agent, a concerned and supportive mentor, and a terrific leader.” Rice has been at UTA for more than a decade, since November, 2002, when he joined as a TV lit agent. He was promoted to partner two years later, in 2004, and named head of the TV department in 2008. Before UTA, Rice spent six years at Broder Webb Chervin Silbermann.
Matt Rice Joins UTA Board Of Directors
What's Hot on Deadline
'Black Panther' Breaks More Records: $108M Second Weekend Is Second-Best Ever As Marvel Movie Heads For $400M
CNN's Brian Stelter Blasts Pirro-President Chat As "Fantasyland", Glenn Beck Calls Tapper's Town Hall "Grotesque"
Berlin Film Festival Winners: 'Touch Me Not' Is Golden Bear; Wes Anderson Takes Best Director For 'Isle Of Dogs' - Full List
'Black Panther' Runs Past $300M Offshore, $700M WW; 'Red Sea' Rises In China - International Box Office
Latest TV News
- CNN’s Brian Stelter Blasts Pirro-President Chat As “Fantasyland”, Glenn Beck Calls Tapper’s Town Hall “Grotesque”…
- Regan Arts Sells Story Of California’s Leading Abortionist For TV Development
- Olympics Ratings Slide To Icy 2018 Low, Slightly Up From Sochi 2014 On Last Night
- Top BBC Presenter Claims Class Pay Gap As Wide As Gender Pay Gap
- ‘The Simpsons’ Predicted USA’s Olympic Gold Medal Win In Curling Eight Years Ago
- Omarosa Talks About Writing A Tell-All on ‘Celebrity Big Brother’, Says She Has To “Tell Her Truth”