EXCLUSIVE: Sundance alum Malcolm Ingram (Small Town Gay Bar) tackles the history and future of LGBT professional athletes in his new documentary Out To Win. Pic chronicles the present-day victories for LGBT athletes within a historical context of those who have come before, highlighting the experiences of athletes who have fought and struggled, both in and out of the closet. The history is told through the voices of pioneers, present-day heroes, tomorrow’s superstars and the people who’ve helped them get to where they are, including former NFL, MLB and NBA players and others. “The closet has been a complicated burden for so many throughout the history of professional sports, so it has been a privilege to speak with these athletes and have them share their powerful and fascinating stories with me,” Ingram said. “I hope audiences will find the experience of hearing them as enriching as I have, and I’m honored to be a part of telling them.” Out To Win is currently mid-way through production, targeting an early 2015 premiere.
Helmer Malcolm Ingram Chronicles History Of LGBT Pro Athletes In ‘Out To Win’
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Team
- Rosie's Return Snares Big Ratings For 'The View'
- NBC Finishes No. 1 In 18-49 Demo For 2013-14 Primetime Season
- RATINGS RAT RACE: Revamped 'Dancing With The Stars' Snags Smallest Crowd For Fall Debut
- Angela Lansbury Hits The Road With 'Blithe Spirit' Tour
- Emma Thompson Slings Meat Pies As 'Sweeney Todd' Launches Commercial Partnership With English National Opera
- Huayi Brothers Spending $130 Million To Start U.S. Subsidiary