EXCLUSIVE: Sundance alum Malcolm Ingram (Small Town Gay Bar) tackles the history and future of LGBT professional athletes in his new documentary Out To Win. Pic chronicles the present-day victories for LGBT athletes within a historical context of those who have come before, highlighting the experiences of athletes who have fought and struggled, both in and out of the closet. The history is told through the voices of pioneers, present-day heroes, tomorrow’s superstars and the people who’ve helped them get to where they are, including former NFL, MLB and NBA players and others. “The closet has been a complicated burden for so many throughout the history of professional sports, so it has been a privilege to speak with these athletes and have them share their powerful and fascinating stories with me,” Ingram said. “I hope audiences will find the experience of hearing them as enriching as I have, and I’m honored to be a part of telling them.” Out To Win is currently mid-way through production, targeting an early 2015 premiere.
Helmer Malcolm Ingram Chronicles History Of LGBT Pro Athletes In ‘Out To Win’
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Team
- Courtney Love To Guest Star In Fox's 'Empire'
- 'Good Morning America' Ratings Lead Morning Infotainment Race
- Zachary Booth, Bill Irwin, Six More Round Out 'South Of Hell' Cast On WE TV
- 'Here Comes Honey Boo Boo' Future In Question With Possible Sex Offender Connection
- Gotham Awards Nominees Announced: 'Boyhood' & 'Birdman' Lead Way
- Create Advertising Group Ups Carrie Gormley & Jonathan Gitlin