EXCLUSIVE: Sundance alum Malcolm Ingram (Small Town Gay Bar) tackles the history and future of LGBT professional athletes in his new documentary Out To Win. Pic chronicles the present-day victories for LGBT athletes within a historical context of those who have come before, highlighting the experiences of athletes who have fought and struggled, both in and out of the closet. The history is told through the voices of pioneers, present-day heroes, tomorrow’s superstars and the people who’ve helped them get to where they are, including former NFL, MLB and NBA players and others. “The closet has been a complicated burden for so many throughout the history of professional sports, so it has been a privilege to speak with these athletes and have them share their powerful and fascinating stories with me,” Ingram said. “I hope audiences will find the experience of hearing them as enriching as I have, and I’m honored to be a part of telling them.” Out To Win is currently mid-way through production, targeting an early 2015 premiere.
Helmer Malcolm Ingram Chronicles History Of LGBT Pro Athletes In ‘Out To Win’
Trending Now on Deadline
'Dancing With The Stars' Finale Ratings Hit 4-Season High, 'The Voice' Down, 'Flash' & 'Mindy Project' Even
More From Team
- Jon Lindstrom Joins 'True Detective'; Dan Buran Boards TNT's Drug-Trade Pilot
- 'Unfinished Business' Redband Trailer: Vince Vaughn And Company Invade Europe
- 'Late Late Show' Guest Hosts Include Drew Carey & Judd Apatow Ahead Of Corden Debut
- Richard Linklater To Receive Palm Springs Visionary Award For 'Boyhood'
- MPTF's Night Before Oscar Fundraiser Setting Up Shop On Fox Lot
- Matt Barr Joins TNT's Drug-Trade Pilot; Katie Sarife In 'The Michelle Knight Story'