The film premiered on the Croisette this month, winning the Jury Prize in the Un Certain Regard sidebar. Magnolia Pictures has grabbed U.S. rights to Ruben Östlund’s tragicomedy Force Majuere (Turist), which follows a Swedish family’s Alpine ski vacation that goes very wrong. When news of a looming avalanche sends people fleeing, the mother shields her children — but Dad grabs his phone and makes a run for it. When snow settles, a marriage hangs in the balance. The deal was negotiated for Magnolia’s John Von Thaden Dori Begley closed the domestic deal with Olimpia Pont Cháfer of Coproduction Office. No release plans were announced.
Magnolia Bringing Un Certain Regard Jury Prize Winner ‘Force Majeure’ To U.S.
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Team
- Bill O'Reilly And David Letterman Take Compatibility Test: Video
- Universal Ups Nicholas Carpou To President Of Domestic Distribution
- Jesse Owens Biopic 'Race' Release Date Set For April 2016; William Hurt Joins Cast
- Joy Behar Goes Solo; Next Stop, Greenwich Village
- John Oliver Explains British Football To David Letterman: Video