Discovery Networks International executive Luis Silberwasser has been named president of Telemundo Network. He succeeds Emilio Romano who left in October. Silberwasser will start in August, reporting to Joe Uva, Chairman, Hispanic Enterprises and Content, NBCUniversal and will be based in Miami. Based in Miami, Silberwasser will oversee the Telemundo broadcast network, including Telemundo Studios. Luis is a world-class operating executive with exceptional management, content and leadership experience,” said Uva. Most recently, Silberwasser was EVP and Chief Content Officer for Discovery Networks International, based in London. Previously, her served as SVP, Content Group for Discovery Networks Latin America/Hispanic.
Luis Silberwasser Named Telemundo President
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Andreeva
- Raycom Media TV Stations Blacked Out By DirecTV In Carriage Dispute
- ABC Buys Medical Thriller From Janine Sherman Barrois & Aaron Kaplan
- Bob Cooper, EOne Prep Post-Apocalyptic Event Series With Book Acquisition
- Fox Buys Detective Drama Based On Australian Miniseries 'Jack Irish'
- 'The Greatest American Hero' Gets Fox Remake With Phil Lord & Chris Miller
- Jennifer Johnson Exiting 'The Following' As Showrunner, Trio Takes Over