Discovery Networks International executive Luis Silberwasser has been named president of Telemundo Network. He succeeds Emilio Romano who left in October. Silberwasser will start in August, reporting to Joe Uva, Chairman, Hispanic Enterprises and Content, NBCUniversal and will be based in Miami. Based in Miami, Silberwasser will oversee the Telemundo broadcast network, including Telemundo Studios. Luis is a world-class operating executive with exceptional management, content and leadership experience,” said Uva. Most recently, Silberwasser was EVP and Chief Content Officer for Discovery Networks International, based in London. Previously, her served as SVP, Content Group for Discovery Networks Latin America/Hispanic.
Luis Silberwasser Named Telemundo President
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Andreeva
- Rocsi Diaz To Exit 'Entertainment Tonight'
- Finnish Fantasy Series 'Nymphs' To Be Adapted By Entertainment One Television
- Nastaran Dibai & Aaron Kaplan Re-Team For ABC Romantic Comedy
- CBS Buys Comedy From Andrew Reich, Ted Cohen & Gail Berman
- Shea Whigham To Co-Star On 'Marvel's Agent Carter'