Discovery Networks International executive Luis Silberwasser has been named president of Telemundo Network. He succeeds Emilio Romano who left in October. Silberwasser will start in August, reporting to Joe Uva, Chairman, Hispanic Enterprises and Content, NBCUniversal and will be based in Miami. Based in Miami, Silberwasser will oversee the Telemundo broadcast network, including Telemundo Studios. Luis is a world-class operating executive with exceptional management, content and leadership experience,” said Uva. Most recently, Silberwasser was EVP and Chief Content Officer for Discovery Networks International, based in London. Previously, her served as SVP, Content Group for Discovery Networks Latin America/Hispanic.
Luis Silberwasser Named Telemundo President
What's Hot on Deadline
'Fear The Walking Dead' Finale: Gale Anne Hurd On Season 2, 'Walking Dead' Season 6 & No Zombie Apocalypse Crossover
'Martian' 2nd-Best Opening For October, Damon & Scott Despite Losing Fuel Sunday; Verdi Trips 'Walk' - B.O. Postmortem
'Collateral Beauty' Director Alfonso Gomez-Rejon Exits Project Over Creative Differences With Studio
Latest TV News
- ABC Buys Legal Drama ‘Conviction’ From Mark Gordon Company As Put Pilot
- ‘Gotham’ EP On Tonight’s Joker Origin Shocker & Honoring The Batman Legacy
- Roger Bart Joins ‘Graves’ On Epix; Tembi Locke In USA Pilot ‘Shooter’
- Harvey Weinstein & BBC Debut ‘War And Peace’ Footage, Talk Future Collaborations – Mipcom
- Does Lionsgate Have Starz In Its Eyes?
- Nancy Drew Drama Series In Works At CBS