Universal said today that Luc Besson‘s sci-fi actioner starring Scarlett Johansson will unspool July 25, two weeks earlier than its announced date. Lucy had been set for the action-packed weekend of August 8, where it was pegged against Warner Bros’ tornado flick Into The Storm and Paramount’s Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles reboot, along with Disney’s The 100-Foot Journey. Instead, the EuropaCorp film co-starring Morgan Freeman will bow versus Paramount’s Hercules, Sony’s comedy Sex Tape and Lionsgate/Summit’s musical-drama sequel Step Up All In. Lucy stars Johansson as a woman who is tricked into transporting some very bad stuff that — unbeknownst to her captors — ends up transforming her into a merciless warrior. Vengeance and mayhem ensue.
Universal Moves Scarlett Johansson Starrer ‘Lucy’ Up By Two Weeks
What's Hot on Deadline
Bill O'Reilly To Matt Lauer On His Firing From Fox News & Sexual Harassment Claims: "This Was A Hit Job"
Latest Film News
- ‘Tomb Raider’ Trailer: Alicia Vikander Leaps, Fights, Slides, And Raids In Reboot
- Linda Hamilton Set To Return To ‘Terminator’; Reuniting With Cameron And Schwarzenegger For Planned Trilogy
- Samuel Goldwyn Writing Awards Announce Finalists And Judges
- CAA Promotes Quartet Of Trainees
- ‘Battle Of The Sexes’ Review: Emma Stone & Steve Carell Are Matchless And Top Of Their Game
- Zack Snyder Films ‘Snow Steam Iron’ On iPhone