Nurse Jackie co-creator Liz Brixius is set as executive producer and showrunner of NBC‘s newly picked up comedy series Bad Judge. The gig is part of an overall deal Brixius has with Universal Television, which produces Bad Judge with studio-based Gary Sanchez Prods. Written by Chad Kultgen, Bad Judge stars Kate Walsh as wild child Rebecca Wright who knows how to have a good time, but she also happens to be one of L.A.’s toughest and most respected criminal court judges. Brixius will executive produce alongside Kultgen, Walsh, Anne Heche, Jill Sobel Messick, Kevin Messick, Will Ferrell and Adam McKay. Brixius, repped by WME and Jamie Mandelbaum, most recently created NBC’s comedy pilot Girlfriend In A Coma.
Liz Brixius To Run NBC Comedy ‘Bad Judge’
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Andreeva
- Adam Levine To Produce Autobiographical 1990s Family Comedy For NBC
- Ted Gold Joins Spike TV As Head Of Scripted Series
- Raycom Media TV Stations Blacked Out By DirecTV In Carriage Dispute
- ABC Buys Medical Thriller From Janine Sherman Barrois & Aaron Kaplan
- Bob Cooper, EOne Prep Post-Apocalyptic Event Series With Book Acquisition
- Fox Buys Detective Drama Based On Australian Miniseries 'Jack Irish'