EXCLUSIVE: On the heels of directing the upcoming HBO miniseries Olive Kitteridge, filmmaker Lisa Cholodenko (The Kids Are All Right) has signed on to helm the first two and executive produce all eight episodes of NBC’s The Slap, a miniseries based on the 2011 Australian short-run series. The Slap is described as a complex family drama that explodes from one small incident where a man slaps another couple’s misbehaving child. This seemingly minor domestic dispute pulls the family apart, begins to expose long-held secrets, and ignites a lawsuit that challenges the core American values of all who are pulled into it. Brothers & Sisters creator Jon Robin Baitz wrote the adaptation, which is being produced by Universal TV and Australia’s Matchbox Pictures, producer of the original. Baitz and Matchbox’s Tony Ayres executive produce with Walter Parkes and Laurie MacDonald as well as Ted Gold. Cholodenko is with ICM Partners.
Lisa Cholodenko To Direct NBC Miniseries ‘The Slap’
What's Hot on Deadline
'Star Trek' TV Reboot Title & Teaser Unveiled At Comic-Con; New Series "Won't Be Episodic", Bryan Fuller Says
Sable Ranch, Popular Film & TV Location, Destroyed By Wildfire; Disney's Golden Oak Ranch "OK", LAFD Says - Update
DNC Gavels In As Talk Swirls Of Bernie Sanders' Name Being Put In Nomination; Ohio Rep. Named Convention Chair
Sly Stallone Confirmed, Star Lord's Parents' Sex Life Discussed In Hilarious 'Guardians Of The Galaxy 2' Trailer - Comic-Con
Cristina Ferrare Out, Replaced By Debbie Matenopoulos As Co-Host Of Hallmark Channel's 'Home & Family'
Latest TV News
- Michael Clemente Exits Fox News
- Renée Elise Goldsberry Cast In HBO Films’ ‘The Immortal Life Of Henrietta Lacks’
- DNC Apologizes To Bernie Sanders As He Urges Supporters To Play Nice At Convention
- Hollywood Has Collected More Than $860M In Foreign Levies
- DNC Gavels In As Talk Swirls Of Bernie Sanders’ Name Being Put In Nomination; Ohio Rep. Named Convention Chair
- Samira Wiley Joins Hulu’s ‘The Handmaid’s Tale’